Official new iPhone 3G features!

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

That's why this is a big deal

Don't tell me you've perfected the catom reconfigurable immersive environment interface?
  • Reply 62 of 67
    planetwcplanetwc Posts: 34member
    I was more underwhelmed with the product features and even less excited about the new pricing. As I see it, Apple did good by going for a cheaper price point, but aside from 3G and GPS which are easy to do from the hardware side of things, what is compelling vs my existing iPhone?

Where is the voice dialing? That could have been implemented very easily with the double push of the home button triggering the voice dialing UI. Given the hands free requirements of most states, why wasn't that a MUST feature for this phone?

Now AT&T is dinging customers for text messaging and more for a data plan. If you ding me more for a data plan, where is tethering?

IF they at least did tethering I'd probably be all over this.

Where is the front facing camera? Where is the higher resolution camera? The cost differential should have been minor, as other phone platforms have better cameras already.

It appears as if Apple wants to wait till 2009 to provide video chatting as the next feature to push a new model in 09. I can see them also holding back on the storage size as well for that reason. Where is the 32 Gig version?

Here is what I would have preferred. A third model the iPhone Pro, with 32 Gig, 5 megapixel front facing camera, data tethering, voice dial. I'd buy that phone as it would have the features I want. Right now it looks more like a long roadmap to incrementally get what should be available with off the shelf technology.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Don't tell me you've perfected the catom reconfigurable immersive environment interface?

Nah, I wish, it's just one of the possible slogans for a new site I'm building.
  • Reply 64 of 67
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    so i guess ebay will have a lot of v1 iphones for sale, and att site reconditioned v1iphone
  • Reply 65 of 67
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

so i guess ebay will have a lot of v1 iphones for sale, and att site reconditioned v1iphone

Yeah;

http://shop.ebay.com/items/Cell-Phon..._udhiZQQ_udloZ
  • Reply 66 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Still no A2DP???... What the heck are they smoking?

That pretty much seals it for me. I'm not getting another one. Chalk up 1 non-return customer.

What is this A2DP thing mentioned so often.
  • Reply 67 of 67
    samabsamab Posts: 1,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post

What is this A2DP thing mentioned so often.

Stereo bluetooth.

You will never see it implemented in a ipod or a iphone --- because Apple makes a lot of money from licensing fees on 3rd party "ipod/iphone certified" accessories.

If you can beam music via industry standard bluetooth to a stereo --- then JBL can't charge an arm and a leg for their ipod dock stereos that are certified as ipod/iphone friendly.