Citigroup hikes Apple target to $287, Lehman to $234

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Naw, I'm too chicken. However, as soon as you make ONE more post and have 6000 posts, MAYBE AI will give you special dispensation and you can vote as many times as you want.

Congratulations in advance.

Holy cow, I didn't even realize my counter was up that far... yikes! Thanks for the milestone recognition, but Mel Gross has me beat by a mile.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Please, seq. Have at it.

Naw, I'm too chicken. However, as soon as you make ONE more post and have 6000 posts, MAYBE AI will give you special dispensation and you can vote as many times as you want.

Congratulations in advance.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    mr.scottmr.scott Posts: 124member
    Cramer's full of crap. This guy uses sound effect on his show for what reason? (Please somebody run with this question...) What is he a "one man circus?" I'll be keeping my stocks thank you very much...

aapl at above $200 in 2 months or less. You and me Cramer... just... you... and... me.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    aapl stock has fallen quit a bit??? WHY? give it to me simple, is it loss of income, taking profits, doubt?
  • Reply 25 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

aapl stock has fallen quit a bit??? WHY? give it to me simple, is it loss of income, taking profits, doubt?

I'm guessing it's the cancer scare.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    extremeskaterextremeskater Posts: 2,248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr.Scott View Post

Cramer's full of crap. This guy uses sound effect on his show for what reason? (Please somebody run with this question...) What is he a "one man circus?" I'll be keeping my stocks thank you very much...

aapl at above $200 in 2 months or less. You and me Cramer... just... you... and... me.

Well the least three days it seems to be moving in the wrong direction. About to be down another 8-9 points today.

The iPhone while going to 3G is overall more expensive and really isn't going to give Apple a bump in this economy. Apple stock will follow the market and right now the markets in general are only going in one direction. Last time veryone predicted over 200.00 stock prices it dropped to 124.00 a share.

The Blackbery will continue to be the best selling smartphone for a while. In fact since the intro of the iPHone the blackberry sales have been up 28%.

US smartphone sales in the US for Q1 2008 are Blackberry at 44.5, iPhone 19.2 and Palm at 13.4.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

The iPhone while going to 3G is overall more expensive and really isn't going to give Apple a bump in this economy.

I doubt that. They are going to sell many times the volume as last year and the accounting model is still in full effect building like a wave coming to shore.

Quote:

Last time veryone predicted over 200.00 stock prices it dropped to 124.00 a share.

But it reached $202.96 first, and the drop was due to the overall US economy not by a misstep from Apple.

Quote:

The Blackbery will continue to be the best selling smartphone for a while. In fact since the intro of the iPHone the blackberry sales have been up 28%.

I'm sure it will be. One interesting article noted that other smartphones started selling better because Apple made the smartphone something cool, not just for business or geeks anymore. That may explain the boost in sales, though it's too little conjecture to make any real assessment to its validity.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Apple's drop is unusually deep today. I'm guessing market manipulation by institutional investors.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    extremeskaterextremeskater Posts: 2,248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I doubt that. They are going to sell many times the volume as last year and the accounting model is still in full effect building like a wave coming to shore.

But it reached $202.96 first, and the drop was due to the overall US economy not by a misstep from Apple.

I'm sure it will be. One interesting article noted that other smartphones started selling better because Apple made the smartphone something cool, not just for business or geeks anymore. That may explain the boost in sales, though it's too little conjecture to make any real assessment to its validity.

I believe Apple will sell more iPhones, right now I still feel the downside to smartphones is the overall cost of owning one, the monthly plans are still a big high for the average family. Most people these days as long as they have a cell and can txt msg thats all they really need. Once smartphone plans come down they will be the standard.

Apple stock in fact all stock right now will suffer the wrath of the US Economy. Which sucks right now and unfortunately I believe Apple will follow the way of the Nasdaq right now no matter how well the company is doing. Believe me my GE stock just about brings me to tears these days.