Pictures of Mac setups

Comments

• Reply 21 of 197
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member

I should really tidy my desk..
  • Reply 22 of 197
    I think I like this one the best. I know when I get my MBP, I'm going to do something similar once I figure out how to mange the wires and still allow for a clean desk. I know II have a keyboard draw that will most likely hold the MBP and the monitor will be on top of the desk with my dell monitor. (It has mre USB prots than the pro does anyway. I'll only need to connect the DVI and USB cable to the laptop. Oh and the magsafe. Man, I'm stoked!

[/QUOTE]
  • Reply 23 of 197
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member

32 inch sharp aquos, mac book pro, ipod touch (next to the macbook pro) philips speakers, xbox 360, sega genesis, some harry potter books.
  • Reply 25 of 197
    eileeile Posts: 1member
    That was the coolest Mac setup I worked with

http://pogl.wordpress.com/2007/06/18/back-from-wwdc/
  • Reply 26 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Proximityeffect View Post

My recording setup

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6793/1001020oc9.jpg

what speakers are those

and what do do recording for
  • Reply 27 of 197
    yvonyvon Posts: 40member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdhockeyfan424 View Post

what speakers are those

Look like yamaha NS10
  • Reply 28 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yvon View Post

Look like yamaha NS10

3 sets of speakers in the pic:

Yamaha NS-10M

M-Audio BX5-A

Bose system (I forget the model #)

Quote:

I'm a musician (teach music at a college) I used to be a recording engineer.
  • Reply 29 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Proximityeffect View Post

3 sets of speakers in the pic:

Yamaha NS-10M

M-Audio BX5-A

Bose system (I forget the model #)

I'm a musician (teach music at a college) I used to be a recording engineer.

oo cool and bt i have the same table from staples
  • Reply 30 of 197
  • Reply 31 of 197
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Christ, the MacBook Air really is thin isn't it?

I think I'm going to have to buy one now...
  • Reply 32 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post

nice air, really thin and cool looking
  • Reply 33 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdhockeyfan424 View Post

nice air, really thin and cool looking

That just just full of airy goodness.
  • Reply 34 of 197
    seek3rseek3r Posts: 179member
    EDIT: Whoops, forgot to add appleinsider to .htaccess to allow it to hotlink :-p

Old pic I posted on AN a while ago, desk is usually far more cluttered :-p (and these days where the mac KB is there's an IBM model M). Under the desk are currently: A space for the new mac pro where my old one used to be, 3 debian based dev boxes (one an old sparc ultra60, 1 DP Athlon 1800+ machine, 1 amd64 3200+ machine), and an old G4 that I keep kicking around to play with PPC - the dev boxes are on the KVM on the desk, hooked up to the analog input on the 19", the mac pro uses the DVI inputs on the 19" and the 24".

On the far side on the other 19" screen is a dell gx260 that I use as a combination light gaming machine and windows workstation.

When I took the pic I was cleaning up, music and screensavers on random. Gates of Morpheus by Amethystium comes on, I turn around, and lo (creepiest thing ever):

Behind the MBP/left 19" is the reciever for my Onkyo S790, a yamaha dvd player (hooked into the 24 by component cables), an onkyo tape deck, an ancient toshiba vcr (also hooked into the 24) and the subwoofer for the S790.

Under the stereo is a beige g3 and a B&W g3, both with just network and power, both running debian. (copied and pasted the last 2 paragraphs from my post on AN because that hasnt changed)
  • Reply 35 of 197
    jpenningtonjpennington Posts: 476member
    I worked from home designing and maintaining web sites during college, this was my setup back then.

• Reply 36 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpennington View Post

I worked from home designing and maintaining web sites during college, this was my setup back then.

i like the 2 screens on the top nice style
  • Reply 37 of 197
    seek3rseek3r Posts: 179member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpennington View Post

nice setup!
  • Reply 38 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by seek3r View Post

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to add appleinsider to .htaccess to allow it to hotlink :-p

Old pic I posted on AN a while ago, desk is usually far more cluttered :-p (and these days where the mac KB is there's an IBM model M). Under the desk are currently: A space for the new mac pro where my old one used to be, 3 debian based dev boxes (one an old sparc ultra60, 1 DP Athlon 1800+ machine, 1 amd64 3200+ machine), and an old G4 that I keep kicking around to play with PPC - the dev boxes are on the KVM on the desk, hooked up to the analog input on the 19", the mac pro uses the DVI inputs on the 19" and the 24".

On the far side on the other 19" screen is a dell gx260 that I use as a combination light gaming machine and windows workstation.

When I took the pic I was cleaning up, music and screensavers on random. Gates of Morpheus by Amethystium comes on, I turn around, and lo (creepiest thing ever):

Behind the MBP/left 19" is the reciever for my Onkyo S790, a yamaha dvd player (hooked into the 24 by component cables), an onkyo tape deck, an ancient toshiba vcr (also hooked into the 24) and the subwoofer for the S790.

Under the stereo is a beige g3 and a B&W g3, both with just network and power, both running debian. (copied and pasted the last 2 paragraphs from my post on AN because that hasnt changed)

Hey, which screensaver is that? I can't find a good one for both my Vista laptop and my Macbook Air.
  • Reply 39 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by seek3r View Post

nice screensavers, and keyboard on the right, like t he setupd
  • Reply 40 of 197
    what would be like the best peripheral for a mac

im guessing this

mouse: wireless mighty mouse or logitech g9

keyboard: wireless appe keyboard, logitech dinovo, or even the new Microsoft on that is wireless and illuminated and organically shaped

speakers: logitech z5500 digital or bose companion 5