Meet the nice spokes in the digital hub.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I can't help but think that the iPod was the easiest (and quickest to completion) of the digital hub.

What if among the LCD iMac, G5 at 1.6+, rumors.. that Apple is going to stcick to their promise of becoming a digital hub company.

Wouldn't it be cool to see...

? iVid Apple branded DV Camera (made by Canon or Sony)

? iPod ( in two price config's)

? iNewton (which includes the 5GB HD found in the iPod.

? iStore (FireWire 2 / GigaWire hard drives Apple branded)

? iSound (Speakers and Midi/USB connection box)

? iPhone (Apple branded cell phone with Blue Tooth/ and Newton like PDA interface, can act as a higher speed modem for laptops)

? iSurf (Simple web pad thing good fror the refridgerator door, for basic surfing/email running OSX.)

? iPrinters - The reintroduction of the Apple Printer line.

iPrinter 100, iPrinter 200, iPrinter 250. Airport capable, USB ready, and Gigawire ready. (based on the Epson inkjet engine)

? A Technology Breakthrough in processor speed and another technology breakthrough in MultiProcessing. Allows foir Windows to be ran at the 150% the same speed on a similar Mhz PC.

Now that's beyond the rumor sites.

MSKR

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Masker ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Did someone say Newton?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I don't know whether to feel if anyone is speculating enough "out of the box" yet, but the digital-hub that I've seen discussed both by apple and these boards feels on the right track.

Doesn't anyone remember this commercial?!?!?!:

<a href="http://www.apple.com/hardware/ads/ibook-universe.html"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/hardware/ads/ibook-universe.html</A>;

Foreshadowing is a great thing - and they even end the spot by showing a MP3 player.

But is that enough to blow us away? There's already a shlew of consumer products like cameras, PDAs, etc. etc. out there. Does adding to the mix do it? I dunno. The comments about those products seamlessly working together might, but it feels bland - I ALREADY expect that from Apple.

I'm seriously hoping that it's going to be even bigger than this -- a true reason for the PC community to consider a switch.... or better yet, maybe even a reason for everyone to own Apple products.

I'd love to have an inexpensive, wireless hub system for your home that I can monitor and control from work

(Woah, where'd that come from?)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I've been thinking along those lines also but another nice little idea I thought about is it would be awsome if you could connect the cellphone to the digital camera and send pictures over the web.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Masker, that's beyond the rumor sites, but most of it is less than exciting.

BTW, does anyone want to buy a 867Mhz G4 Quicksilver w/OS X Version 10.1.2 with 768MB of RAM? :eek:
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote] I've been thinking along those lines also but another nice little idea I thought about is it would be awsome if you could connect the cellphone to the digital camera and send pictures over the web. <hr></blockquote>

i don't think so...that sort of functionality, fun as it would be, removes the mac from the equation. I think that the idea behind the digital hub will always be to bring your various 'media' into the mac to organize/modify/etc. and then back out into everyday life. of course, it'd be fun to be proven wrong!

rr.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    Um, The FCC today approved the use of high-speed Internet access on Airplanes.

The technology to get the signal to and from a moving target miles in the sky... is easily usable to to get high-speed internet to moving target (or staionary ones) on the ground - especially in rural areas where cable, dsl do not exist.

I remember yet another SJ quote about Internet access from planes, but not from where.... just shows that he knew of it's existence.