Dumb itunes questions

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but once you download songs from itunes store is that it? What if you buy a new computer and dont have an iPod, can you redownload the songs you have purchased onto your new computer?

The other dumb question I have is do you need to choose the volume, equalizer, etc on each song or does it get downloaded in the best quality whatever that may be?

I cant get an iPod yet because my OS isnt up to date and I want to wait to see what the new macbooks look like before I buy a new computer, but I have 30 songs in my itunes cart that I am just dying to listen to.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steve666 View Post

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but once you download songs from itunes store is that it? What if you buy a new computer and dont have an iPod, can you redownload the songs you have purchased onto your new computer?

The other dumb question I have is do you need to choose the volume, equalizer, etc on each song or does it get downloaded in the best quality whatever that may be?

I cant get an iPod yet because my OS isnt up to date and I want to wait to see what the new macbooks look like before I buy a new computer, but I have 30 songs in my itunes cart that I am just dying to listen to.

Thanks

you burn a back up of them on to a CD or DVD
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steve666 View Post

Thanks

The default location is under

HARD DRIVE:Users:USERNAME:Music:iTunes (where the all caps represent your individual hard drive and user name)

if you copy the whole iTunes folder to a new computer into the same location, it should work. The magic of iTunes lies in those iTunes library .xml files that reside within that folder.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    If you purchase tracks that have DRM on them, they need to be authorized to play. You can authorize up to five computers. As far as transferring the files to another computer, all you need to do is copy them via the Migration Assistant, or CD-R or DVD-R.

http://www.ilounge.com/ has dozens and dozens of help articles for iTunes and iPod newbies.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Thanks