iTunes 2.0.3 Is Out

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
From the Software Update panel:

"iTunes for Mac OS X lets you create and organize your own personal digital music library. The second generation of iTunes adds powerful new tools that help enhance your listening experience, burns MP3 data CDs, and provides support for Apple's iPod, offering unprecedented music portability. This version also improves overall stability and performance."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    adam11adam11 Posts: 163member
    Anyone brave enough to install it yet ?

Cheers

Adam
  • Reply 2 of 14
    I did. All data present and accounted for
  • Reply 3 of 14
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    "Gather round partitions! are we all here? 1, 2, 3 ..."

Processor usage still sucks more than you can image in my ibook 500mhz. 22-40%, which is a real drain.

AJ
  • Reply 4 of 14
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    Cool. Does it feel more snappy?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Does anyone know what this patch actually does? i'm fuzzy on the whole 'snappy' thing! I have problems with iTunes cutting out when finalising a CD-R burn or when my modem is being accessed, is this likely to be fixed or is that the OS?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    [quote]Originally posted by fridgemagnet:

<strong>Does anyone know what this patch actually does? i'm fuzzy on the whole 'snappy' thing! I have problems with iTunes cutting out when finalising a CD-R burn or when my modem is being accessed, is this likely to be fixed or is that the OS?</strong><hr></blockquote>

"Snappy" was a joke, perhaps a bad one. When a OS X update comes out everybody says their computer is quicker or "snappy" even when it might not be. I was asking if this iTunes update was the same.

I have the same modem problem and it is a known bug, but I'm not sure if Apple's been able to fix it yet.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I haven't seen any differences. iTunes still slows down my computer alot.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    adam11adam11 Posts: 163member
    Ok... I downloaded and installed on my 867 and my dual 500. Both are running 10.1.1. I can report that so far I have no problems - everything seems to be running OK (both iTunes and my system). All of my visuals work (arkaos, igoom, rphosOGL, vortex, and gforce) at full screen on my 22 ACD.

I cont know about the snappier bit, but it does open on the first bounce.

Of course, I have read other experiences over on the apple forums. As usual, make sure you delete the old copy of iTunes and the icon from the dock before you start.

Cheers

Adam
  • Reply 9 of 14
    synsyn Posts: 329member
    iTunes now listens to mouse events in the background, ie you can now change tracks/volume etc. by clicking on the appropriate button and it won't bring it forward. Cool feature.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    hekalhekal Posts: 117member
    Works for me.

[quote]Originally posted by Adam11:

<strong>Anyone brave enough to install it yet ?

Cheers

Adam</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 11 of 14
    hekalhekal Posts: 117member
    Only slows mine down when ripping.

[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I haven't seen any differences. iTunes still slows down my computer alot.</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 12 of 14
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    [quote]Originally posted by imacSE:

<strong>Cool. Does it feel more snappy? </strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by hekal:

<strong>Only slows mine down when ripping.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

When I'm just playing MP3s it doesn't slow down too much. It slows down a lot when ripping.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    The only improvement I have found is the elimination of window redraw "blinking" <a href="http://brad.project-think.com/movies/Pathetic_iTunes_redraw.mov"; target="_blank">like this</a>. Of course, Apple didn't speed up the redraw operations; they just made iTunes wait until the window is drawn into a buffer before opening the window.