Software Base Station - OS X

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Has anyone gotten any form of software base station working in OS X??? I have seen instructions on how to set it up using the terminal but have never gotten it to work. So has anyone been successful or does anyone know of any instructions that are easy to follow?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    no luck here either. It's pissing me off too because that and my soundblaster are the only 2 things keeping my out of OS X fulltime.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    I've had mine running ever since i got OSX.

Mine is set up over PPP. I have a NAT file with the following in it :

#!/bin/sh

/usr/sbin/natd -dynamic -interface ppp0

/sbin/ipfw -f flush

/sbin/ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via ppp0

/sbin/ipfw add pass all from any to any

If i remember correctly you just change the ppp0 to whatever interface you are using, e.g en0 for ethernet.

then edit your /etc/hostconfig file so that IPSHARING is YES.

then if needed on all the client machines type in the DNS servers and set the router as the IP of the base station machine.

Then just run the NAT file (type ./NAT in the terminal, if your file is named NAT of course!and make sure it's plain text).

Then it should work.worked everytime for me.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    apcapc Posts: 11member
    download IPNetShareX from <a href="http://www.sustworks.com/"; target="_blank">http://www.sustworks.com/</a>; it should enable NAT sharing of your connection via AirPort, no terminal needed.

Hope this helps
  • Reply 4 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Please, someone tell me what the "Create Network" option in the AirPort menu does. I've created a network with it but didn't have an extra WIFI client to test the network with.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Airport menu... Create Network...

Anybody?