anyone else gonna wait in line

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
for a new phone? if so, how early will you start...I plan to get there about 10:00 on launch day assuming a 6 pm launch

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    gizmo-xlgizmo-xl Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

for a new phone? if so, how early will you start...I plan to get there about 10:00 on launch day assuming a 6 pm launch

The new phone is not worth standing in line for IMO.

Maybe when they add some other features 3G and GPS by itself is just not worth taking that much time out of my life.... I will stay with the first version until I see changes in Bluetooth support, better Camera and some type of indicator that shows me I have a SMS message or voice mail or email waiting without having to make the display turn on by pushing any of the buttons on the phone.

After being burned the first time by a price drop soon after product release also causes me to wait and see what is going to happen this time around.

The thing I am waiting for is 2.0 (the App Store) and my current version will support that just fine.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gizmo-xl View Post

3G and GPS by itself is just not worth taking that much time out of my life....

Oh dear, your precious time wasted that would be depriving the world of your talents.

A simple, "I don't want it" or "It can wait" would have sufficed.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    gizmo-xlgizmo-xl Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Oh dear, your precious time wasted that would be depriving the world of your talents.

A simple, "I don't want it" or "It can wait" would have sufficed.

I don't want it...... Happy now?
  • Reply 4 of 19
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Do you think there are going to be lines? I was sort of planning on just walking in and getting one. Of course I was planning on going to an ATT store.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    i'm planning on buying one on/near launch day, but i also have to work until 5pm on july 11, so, if there are people waiting in lines, causing the store to sell out, i'm going to be sad…

on that note, are the apple/at&t stores expected to only have a small quantity on launch day, or might they have ample supply?
  • Reply 6 of 19
    waxxelwaxxel Posts: 24member
    I stood in line at our ATT store for the first iPhone, I was #4. However, I'm very happy with this iPhone and you know just the upgrade to 3G doesn't do it for me. I think I will wait for another year or so for the 3rd generation iPhone.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Mate, all the best, if you wait in line, I think it will be cool. As for me, I hope I will be greeting you and selling you an iPhone3G when it launches. Wish me luck, my 2nd round interview is on Wednesday.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    serialserial Posts: 5member
    i was also planning to just walk in to a store and pick one up sometime during the first week... I have a feeling there are going to be some lineups here in Montreal, Canada as it is the first time it is going to be available "off the shelf"

although I already have an iPhone, I am looking forward to fast data and an affordable data plan.....

• Reply 9 of 19
    Good Luck!! All the best. I am waiting on an interview response too. Different company, but still anticipating....

\

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Mate, all the best, if you wait in line, I think it will be cool. As for me, I hope I will be greeting you and selling you an iPhone3G when it launches. Wish me luck, my 2nd round interview is on Wednesday.

• Reply 10 of 19
    I think I can wait for those first customers to sell theirs on Ebay or Amazon.

$200-300. Plus or minus the $250 early cancelation fee depending on how desperate the new owners are to get rid of such an item.

I would prefer an unlocked version. Shpank you.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    I don't think anyone should wait in line.

Wait until the 13th or 14th (or later), then go get one.

(That way, I can go in the 11th or 12th and not have to wait.)

• Reply 12 of 19
    serialserial Posts: 5member
    lol
  • Reply 13 of 19
    thttht Posts: 5,441member
    I'm waiting for a slow day at the AT&T store. A Tuesday night, at least a week after July 11. Need to get a family plan with 3 lines. That'll take all night...
  • Reply 14 of 19
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Will the phones just be availible on that date or are we talking about another 6:00 pm thing....I was hoping to get there at like 9:00 AM, and be done and back home syncing by 11...a 2nd gen isnt worth the same 6:00 hoopla, although that does get apple a lead local news story in every town with an apple store .

Just wanna be the first one in my (very high tech) office to have one
  • Reply 15 of 19
    jd100293jd100293 Posts: 11member
    Waiting in line was kind of monumental for the first IPhone, but whats the point on the 3g, the changes arn't that huge.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jd100293 View Post

Waiting in line was kind of monumental for the first IPhone, but whats the point on the 3g, the changes arn't that huge.

Except these countries can finally have 3G and fully legit iPhone in their homelands:

Australia (expect some busy times in Sydney)

Hong Kong

Mexico

Many potential millions of purchasers just in those few countries already
  • Reply 17 of 19
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Will be getting one, but won't be waiting in line. If they sell out immediately, I am fine waiting a few more days or weeks. If they don't sell out, then I will go after work or the next day. No rush.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    galoregalore Posts: 35member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

Will be getting one, but won't be waiting in line. If they sell out immediately, I am fine waiting a few more days or weeks. If they don't sell out, then I will go after work or the next day. No rush.

I don't think they'll sell out and neither do I think there will be a huge line. Not if you have to sign up for a contract. This will effectively remove the e-bay crowd.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gizmo-xl View Post

I don't want it...... Happy now?