What rumor sites have ACTUALLY predicted: Being realistic here

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
It seems to me that most of the rumor SITES I've seen have really not really predicted much for MWSF. By site, I don't mean their message boards, but the front pages of AppleInsider, Mac Rumors, MacOSRumors, ThinkSecret, etc.

By my count, here's what they've talked about:

1) Several previews of OS X.2, but no solid predictions to its release date.

2) GoLive 6: All reference Adobe's web site as stating it will be released 1/7.

3) Sahara G3 iMacs with LCD: Even our beloved AI has made predictions about this one.

4) A few mentions to an iPad-like device or iPhoto camera.

5) The dodecahedron.

6) A few scatterings of miscellany here and there.

What we HAVEN'T seen on these sites:

1) Predictions that G5's WILL be released -- only small bits of speculation and mention of the phantom chip.

2) Hell, no mention of the Apollo G4 possibly going into new PowerMac systems.

3) Predictions to updates of many other software products.

4) Predictions of a totally new Mac system.

5) Any other possible surprises or new products.

If Apple just bases "Beyond the rumor sites" off of those sites' actual front pages and predictions, a G5, a completely new system, iMovie 3, bigger and badder iTools, yadda yadda would be "way beyond."

They almost admit that an LCD iMac is coming, though.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: CosmoNut ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Helloooooo!? Anybody want to talk about this?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jerombajeromba Posts: 357member
    Ok so i saw different rumors...

Register -&gt; G5

Mac Central -&gt; Apollo

Think Secret -&gt; Photoshop 7, GoLive 6 , preview of 10.2

RAILhead -&gt; 19" LCD

and of course the iMac LCD AND the iPad (tablet LCD)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    MOSR was definitely talking smack about the G5 last Fall. Pretty much in tandem with The Register. They both had the same insider, dishing out the goodies on the G5 at 1.2, 1.4, and 1.6 GHz. And Apple has demonstrated a knowledge of/distain for mosr in the past, so I would guess that they are aware of the G5 rumors on that site.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    I'm tired of talking about specs and rumors... I'm just waiting for the next phrase from Apple.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    [quote]Originally posted by NukemHill:

<strong>MOSR was definitely talking smack about the G5 last Fall. Pretty much in tandem with The Register. They both had the same insider, dishing out the goodies on the G5 at 1.2, 1.4, and 1.6 GHz. And Apple has demonstrated a knowledge of/distain for mosr in the past, so I would guess that they are aware of the G5 rumors on that site.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good point.

I think this MOSR case is hotter than expected. Well, it is just a hunch, but MOSR haven't updated its page since 20th of Dec. At that day they droped so called "approved" information about G5 systems. Since than there is a lawsuit running between apple and MOSR. Thats the only explanation that fits.

Why, WHY else they don't continue? Even there user boards seem to be quiet ? or ? edited?

[Jesus, wutsgoinon, wutsgoinon, wutsgoinon?] :eek:

best