someone help me please if anyone know process scheduling in mac os 10.4 and 10.5

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
someone please help, i need to know how it works =(

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    cowdung7cowdung7 Posts: 7member
    bumpppppppppppppppppppp
  • Reply 2 of 7
    help me please .
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    If you are talking about computer processes, then MacOS X does that much better than you can. If you are talking about the processes in a larger project, then you can't beat OmniPlan.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

If you are talking about computer processes, then MacOS X does that much better than you can. If you are talking about the processes in a larger project, then you can't beat OmniPlan.

i'm talking about the so call "inner part" of the OS. Not this kinda schedule.

Process scheduling under process management.

thanks anyway ^^
  • Reply 5 of 7
    leafyleafy Posts: 34member
    It seems to be rather unclear about what scheduler OS/X actually uses. I came across this blog entry when googling for "os/x kernel scheduler"

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/os-x-s...ule-scheduler/

HTH
  • Reply 6 of 7
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cowdung7 View Post

someone please help, i need to know how it works =(

Your question is so vague as to be non-sensical. MacOS X uses the Mach Kernel, and has a scheduler of their own devising as part of that. If you need to know how the scheduler works, the you need to dig into the darwin sources.

But much more likely you are misunderstanding something, and should tell us what you are really after, and why. There is no way that anyone can reasonably help you if you can't form a decent question.

And the article that leafy mentions sounds more like unfounded guesswork. Apple has been doing a lot of their own work on schedulers to make sure that latency guarantees needed in a lot of audio applications can be met. So even if they are currently basing their scheduler on something else, it is clearly custom. Apple has also been talking about how Grand Central talks to the Kernal to make queuing decisions, so there is a very good chance that whatever Apple will be using in 10.6 will be highly customized.

But, since XNU is open source, you can always go in a take a look to see yourself if you have a special need.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    You might want to check out this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Mac-OS-Interna...ref=pd_sim_b_2

I haven't read it so no garrentees. I don't think it covers 10.5 but I think it will give you what you want for 10.4 and they are likely to be similar. One of the reviewers on Amazon writes "This book covers most essential OSX abstractions and concepts, much like the Magic Garden Explained does for System V, the "red daemon" books do for BSD, and the Windows Internals books do for NT. So, the reader will know how scheduling, memory management, synchronization and inter-process communication works, how Mach tasks relate to processes, and other such essentials."