Problem with Software Update

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I've had this problem for ages, but its especially annoying now trying to download Mac OS X 10.1.2 If I get disconnected for some reason (and I can't think of any....my ISP must just cut me off) Software Update, says sorry there was a problem. Please click Install to resume your download. (or something along those lines) But it ALWAYS goes back to the beginning. Have Apple fixed this rpoblem yet?

Mike

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by mpw_amherst:

<strong>I've had this problem for ages, but its especially annoying now trying to download Mac OS X 10.1.2 If I get disconnected for some reason (and I can't think of any....my ISP must just cut me off) Software Update, says sorry there was a problem. Please click Install to resume your download. (or something along those lines) But it ALWAYS goes back to the beginning. Have Apple fixed this rpoblem yet?

Mike</strong><hr></blockquote>

Try deleting all your SU prefs.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Poochie:

<strong>

Try deleting all your SU prefs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've tried, but am told 'The operation could not be completed because the item is owned by root..' Software Update has always done this for me, from day one - surely it can't be the prefs?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I have had the saem problem.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I thought this was happening to me - every time i resume the progress bar goes back to the start - but I don't think that it's starting all over again, it's merely resuming - but the progress is now shown for the bit that is left. It must be resuming as I downloaded 10.1.2 and my modem cuts out every two hours - so i cant download much more than 20MB - and 10.1.2 is 30+MB. So I think it does resume - only that the progress bar goes back to the begining each time...