What can I do with a pair of rev B iMacs?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I came upon a couple of rev B iMacs recently, both in working condition, and I wanted to know what I could do with them. Neither have airport cards, neither have sufficient ram to run OSX. I'd like to use them for storage of some sort but not sure how best to use them. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Do you mean the fruit flavored iMacs? G3's running at 266 MHtz? ... The hard drives were only 6 or 8 GB if i recall correctly... no a lot of storage there. Connected to a network via ethernet, it might make a good print server. They don't even make good casual internet terminals anymore, as they aren't even powerful enough to handle the embeded flash that's all over the place.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by store_bot View Post

I came upon a couple of rev B iMacs recently, both in working condition, and I wanted to know what I could do with them. Neither have airport cards, neither have sufficient ram to run OSX. I'd like to use them for storage of some sort but not sure how best to use them. Any thoughts?

Donate them for a good cause and take the tax break
  • Reply 3 of 7
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

Donate them for a good cause and take the tax break

Absolute best advice that I've seen lately!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I'll look into the donate option.

Thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Do you mean the fruit flavored iMacs? G3's running at 266 MHtz? ... The hard drives were only 6 or 8 GB if i recall correctly... no a lot of storage there. Connected to a network via ethernet, it might make a good print server. They don't even make good casual internet terminals anymore, as they aren't even powerful enough to handle the embeded flash that's all over the place.

No!

Revision B iMacs are Bondi Blue and 233Mhz.... just like revision A.

They have more VRAM
  • Reply 6 of 7
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    iMacquarium
  • Reply 7 of 7
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

iMacquarium

I was just gonna say that too....iMacquarium's the way to go...