OMG! First Leaked Photo of MBP Redesign Case!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
First leaked photo of MBP redesign case from Taiwan manufacture. The new MBP will no longer have the backlit Apple logo!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    welcombwelcomb Posts: 39member
    I checked apple.pro and its an asian website (with girlies ), anyways the photo would make sense, BUT wouldnt the backlight be the missing piece

And it looks pretty ordinary from those angles btw

any news on release?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    eddieauseddieaus Posts: 12member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by welcomb View Post

I checked apple.pro and its an asian website (with girlies ), anyways the photo would make sense, BUT wouldnt the backlight be the missing piece

And it looks pretty ordinary from those angles btw

any news on release?

on that website it says they will be using a normal piece for the logo just like iMac and iPhone, no backlit behind it.

and also the battery will be a long rectangle shape instead of square.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    welcombwelcomb Posts: 39member
    well that is great, cause the light up logo is TOO much and not professional and this i think is perfect really and the rectangular battery is easier and standard too (better) so the redesign is here

anything on the sides such as ports (ie Firewire, HDMI or DisplayPort to replace the DVI, and how about the keyboard)

THX
  • Reply 4 of 12
    eddieauseddieaus Posts: 12member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by welcomb View Post

well that is great, cause the light up logo is TOO much and not professional and this i think is perfect really and the rectangular battery is easier and standard too (better) so the redesign is here

anything on the sides such as ports (ie Firewire, HDMI or DisplayPort to replace the DVI, and how about the keyboard)

THX

no mention about ports yet.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    It looks pretty much identical to the old case. THere was some speculation that the enclosure would follow design cues from the Air. That does not appear to be the situation with this unit.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    hfuhfu Posts: 55member
    If these were real, the redesign case would look quite different from existing MBP. Note the edges are much more slanted than the current design, it will make the case look thinner. The bottom rectangular opening looked like battery latch? Why does the rubber foot stand placement become so big? If these pictures remained without Apple's intervention, then we know the redesign is not coming...

Please post side pictures if possible. Thanks!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    pm83pm83 Posts: 1member
    could be new MB case ?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    spinnerlysspinnerlys Posts: 218member
    What about those holes in the apple logo? They look quite strange.

Where is the simplicity in that?

We'll see soon enough, or won't....

PS: The box under the silver notebook is white, so it could be very well the new Macbook, as it already has a rectangular battery.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    where did the photo go?

did someone download it so it can be reposted?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    alxthsalxths Posts: 8member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HFU View Post

If these were real, the redesign case would look quite different from existing MBP. Note the edges are much more slanted than the current design, it will make the case look thinner. The bottom rectangular opening looked like battery latch? Why does the rubber foot stand placement become so big? If these pictures remained without Apple's intervention, then we know the redesign is not coming...

Please post side pictures if possible. Thanks!

Yeah it's hard to tell without any side-views.

Real or not, I'm glad someone has finally thrown us a bone!
  • Reply 11 of 12
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spinnerlys View Post

What about those holes in the apple logo? They look quite strange.

I think they are holes for holding on the white plastic logo.

I'd be disappointed to see the backlit logo go. The only issue I found with it is that bright light from behind the screen projects the logo onto your screen. Other than that, I though it was really cool. Now it's just going to be a dull plastic shape on the back.

Judging by the shape of this though, it looks like the Macbook case as pm83 mentioned. The MBP is bigger. The bottom shell looks wider but that's only part of it with no battery compartment.

If this is the MB, I'll be very happy to see it come out like that. I thought the 12" powerbooks were great and we need something like that again.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I think they are holes for holding on the white plastic logo.

That makes no sense. If the logo is non-functional, then that is required to hold it on is an adhesive. The holes increase manufacturing cost and weaken the case. If you look closely at the leaf, then you will see that its depth is similar to that of the holes in the fruit. My money is on an illuminated logo similar to that of current MacBooks and MacBook Pros.