Challenges ahead as Apple and Best Buy expand Mac program

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phlake View Post

I've found the clerks at Costco to be very anti-Mac.

I was looking at an iMac G5 there, and the clerk walked up to be and began to relate horror stories of Macs being so difficult to use. I let him go on for a few minutes, laughed at him, and walked off, knowing better. Had I not been a Mac user though, his speech most certainly would have turned me off to the platform.

The clerks at Costco can't even color calibrate their LCD panels, so I wouldn't worry too much about their knowledge.

The point of Costco is to have them there to buy, period.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Y-Guy View Post

I would totally go for that! Costco here did have some non-Intel macs for a short while. I was hopefully they would keep carrying them, sadly once they were gone that was all.

Or even better, a small Apple store in Downtown Spokane, WA could satisfy most Eastern WA residents.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Moderator Edit: I'm removing this because it's not on topic and it's posted elsewhere.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Mod Edit: This too.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Or even better, a small Apple store in Downtown Spokane, WA could satisfy most Eastern WA residents.

Why? There's a local shop known as Mac Odyssey just across the border in Coeur d'Alene. IMO, they're better than the corporate Apple Store in many ways. Local shops dedicated to Apple usually are.