question about montevina macbook prices

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
what can we expect the prices to be on the new line of macbooks.....and does anyone think there might be a pricedrop on current macbooks?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by homelessfrog View Post

what can we expect the prices to be on the new line of macbooks.....and does anyone think there might be a pricedrop on current macbooks?

MacBook prices are likely to stay the same. The falling dollar makes any price drop very unlikely..
  • Reply 2 of 13
    eddieauseddieaus Posts: 12member
    i don't think the price will stay the same, especially the MacBook line. with the newly equipt LED backlit, aluminum case and huge jump in hardware specs, it is hard to believe Apple would sell the new Macbook for just $1099. Prove me wrong Apple!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I think hardware prices will drop slightly across the board. US economy is for shit and gas is killing everybody. It's hard to afford luxury items. If there is choice of buying a $1000+ computer, or making your old one last a bit longer, I would stick with the old one and I think a lot of people are in the same boat.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eddieaus View Post

i don't think the price will stay the same, especially the MacBook line. with the newly equipt LED backlit, aluminum case and huge jump in hardware specs, it is hard to believe Apple would sell the new Macbook for just $1099. Prove me wrong Apple!

I have serious doubts that Apple is making any changes to the MacBook that would result in a higher cost of manufacture. Instead, I imagine their goal is for changes to be at worst cost-neutral.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

... and gas is killing everybody.

you think its bad over there? you should try it over in the uk! though I guess there isnt the preponderance of gas guzzling monsters over hear per se but its equal to over $2.30 or more per litre here now. Someone's making a ton of money off everyone and its not the general populous... mr bush nd his arabian friends?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    I doubt Apple will change the prices.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    aapleaaple Posts: 78member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eddieaus View Post

I don't see them putting LED screens in the Macbook line...yet. MBP, maybe, but not Macbooks.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaple View Post

I don't see them putting LED screens in the Macbook line...yet. MBP, maybe, but not Macbooks.

Apple has recently said that all of their displays will LED screens by the end of next year.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shiato storm View Post

you think its bad over there? you should try it over in the uk! though I guess there isnt the preponderance of gas guzzling monsters over hear per se but its equal to over $2.30 or more per litre here now. Someone's making a ton of money off everyone and its not the general populous... mr bush nd his arabian friends?

And your money is worth two or three times what ours is, but everything else is less expensive.

A house that cost $20,000 fifteen years ago is now $300,000+ where I live.

The house I was looking at 5 years ago has quadrupled in price from 100k to 400k.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    bclapperbclapper Posts: 237member
    A house for $300, 000, I can only dream

Try doubling that for London - at the low end of the market.

Back to the thread, I wouldn't expect an increase in MB or MBP prices when refreshed
  • Reply 11 of 13
    thanks to all for responses...seems most people think prices will be about the same, so here's a follow up question:

What do you think the low end macbook specs will be? I'm hoping for something in the 2.4 ghz range, but that's probably going to be mid range model.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bclapper View Post

A house for $300, 000, I can only dream

Try doubling that for London - at the low end of the market.

Back to the thread, I wouldn't expect an increase in MB or MBP prices when refreshed

In 2001, I looked at a house that was selling for $155. That same house is now selling for over $600,000. Even if I could afford the payments on that house, I still couldn't buy it. Real estate taxes and insurance (especially storm insurance) have soared through the roof.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by homelessfrog View Post

thanks to all for responses...seems most people think prices will be about the same, so here's a follow up question:

What do you think the low end macbook specs will be? I'm hoping for something in the 2.4 ghz range, but that's probably going to be mid range model.

The processors with the new 1066MHz FSB will be: 2.26GHz (3M), 2.4GHz (3M), 2.53GHz (6M), 2.8GHz (6M), 3.06GHz (6M), and a probably 2.53GHz quad-core model.

I could see the base Macbook going either way, to 2.26 or 2.4.