Is there wa way to get an iphone without data

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am looking for just an iphone without data. will at&t let me do this. i dont need data bc i will be in college and everything is wifi. i have a smartphone from verizon and i didnt need a data plan. my parents just added a line for $10 and then gave me unlimited texts so could at&t do this with the iphone

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    wondering the same thing...i dont need the data plan
  • Reply 2 of 7
    does anyone know the answer to this
  • Reply 3 of 7
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidson1153 View Post

does anyone know the answer to this

A quick phone call to your local ATT store should present the answer
  • Reply 4 of 7
    bump....anyone know for sure
  • Reply 5 of 7
    iphone91iphone91 Posts: 98member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fortmajor View Post

bump....anyone know for sure

Yes, I know... and unfortunately, the answer is no. And since you need to activate in store, there is no way around this problem. You could wait for the unsubsidized iPhone ( for $600 and $700 on AT&T), which allows you to buy the iPhone w/o a contract. But, this is a "Coming Soon" item, whatever the hell that means.

Good Luck!

Steve
  • Reply 6 of 7
    couldn't i get the phone and activate it then when i leave call att and cancel the data plan?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    hiimamachiimamac Posts: 584member
    NO, you cannot get it WITHOUT the DATA.

Trust me, I know.

The better question would be, if you had say, oh, I don't know, a 3G phone that you cancelled is COULD YOU crack INTO the 3G network and get 3G DATA for free....

Now, in theory, doesn't this mean that we can use the iPHONE to connect your LAPTOP via BLUETOOTH to access the internet?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fortmajor View Post

couldn't i get the phone and activate it then when i leave call att and cancel the data plan?