Aperture on 2.4 MBP?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone currently using Aperture on the 2.4MBP? I went to the Apple store yesterday to scope out the performance but all they had on display were the 2.6mp models. It ran great on those machines, but wonder what the performance is like on the base model.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post

Anyone currently using Aperture on the 2.4MBP? I went to the Apple store yesterday to scope out the performance but all they had on display were the 2.6mp models. It ran great on those machines, but wonder what the performance is like on the base model.

I don't run Aperture on my MBPro 2.4 but there's no way you'd be able to tell the difference between 2.4 and 2.6Ghz. You might notice a difference if you only got 2 gig of ram versus 4 gig of ram. So, max out the memory and you should be fine.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post

anyone currently using aperture on the 2.4mbp? I went to the apple store yesterday to scope out the performance but all they had on display were the 2.6mp models. It ran great on those machines, but wonder what the performance is like on the base model.

good luck to you !
  • Reply 3 of 3
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    Seriously, just ask one of the Apple guys in the shop. They should tell you that any MBP is more than capable of running Aperture. It is supposed to be a professional machine after all.