Is apple going to do more about speed/energy saver?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I sure hope so, but it looks foggy to me.

I think they need some more g3 optimizations, and definitely some more RAM fixes.

I think scrolling needs severe help on my ibook with the ATI 8bm card.

Speaking of speed, when the hell is apple going to implement the speedsteep technology to energy saver? 10.2? Energy Saver sucks really bad right now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    "speedsteep technology"? :confused:

Please elaborate...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>"speedsteep technology"? :confused:

Please elaborate...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think maybe he means the ability to downgrade your proccesor (ala 500-&gt;300) to save battery. Its an option in 9 but not X.

Mike
  • Reply 3 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by CyberZorn:

<strong>

I think maybe he means the ability to downgrade your proccesor (ala 500-&gt;300) to save battery. Its an option in 9 but not X.

Mike</strong><hr></blockquote>

yah that I was just using the intel name for it
  • Reply 4 of 7
    corvette, in the kboard control panel, turn up the key repeat rate setting. scrolls much faster
  • Reply 5 of 7
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Steve's office cleaner:

<strong>corvette, in the kboard control panel, turn up the key repeat rate setting. scrolls much faster</strong><hr></blockquote>

Or pressing the option key while pressing the arrows speeds up the scrolling in most applications (all cocoa and carbon ones that are written properly).
  • Reply 6 of 7
    FYI, the option-arrow combo works like page-up and page-down keys.

Judging by the changes, fixes and such we've seen in 10 so far, I can't imagine that Apple won't create plugged-in and un-plugged settings for portables in the energy saver pref pane. There's processor cycling, downgrading the processor, different settings for display and HD sleep, etc. I hope we see it by 10.2. I more hopeful since they've pushed back its release.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    enderender Posts: 353member
    as far as the "Speedstep" thing goes, my new Ti PB 667 does not allow that (even in OS 9). My Ti PB 500 did, but this one does not. I was thinking that maybe Apple found that there wasn't a significant battery saving, or that OS X wouldn't perform well under those conditions and took it out.

Do the new iBooks allow it?

Curious, whatever the reason.

-Ender