Apple updates iPhone 3G launch info as unboxing photos appear

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iVlad View Post

OMG im getting a white iPhone. Black just looks like any other phone.

You wouldn't be able to see the fingerprints as easily with white.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Nice to see so many people are eager to get this. I'll continue to wait out the frenzy for as many years as it takes for a non-at&t iPhone to become available.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    Hmmm ... well it'll be interesting to see how they respond when I refuse to give them my SSN. There isn't anything they need it for.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Who is getting what capacity model? I am reading here people want the white model, so that suggests they are going for the 16GB model phones. I'm still undecided as 8GB has been plenty for my needs by I think I could go overboard with apps in the next year so 16GB may be the way to go.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Nice to see so many people are eager to get this. I'll continue to wait out the frenzy for as many years as it takes for a non-at&t iPhone to become available.

Move to Canada, they have non-AT&T iPhones there.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    sapporobabysapporobaby Posts: 1,079member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by manfrommars View Post

Conspiracy theories aside, what's with needing to provide your Social Security number to Apple? I understand 'credit check' but I already have an ATT account as I'm sure many of us do. Any opinions on this?

Exactly. Freedom of Information Act lawsuits a-plenty.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    The phone's screen does not look as wide as the 1st gen.- more black around the edges. Maybe it's due to the new design. $30 is expensive for a dock, but expected.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    ravedogravedog Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by manfrommars View Post

Conspiracy theories aside, what's with needing to provide your Social Security number to Apple? I understand 'credit check' but I already have an ATT account as I'm sure many of us do. Any opinions on this?

SSN + GPS = Gov't Big Brother LOL

• Reply 28 of 31
    tantrumtantrum Posts: 41member
    The Constitution guarantees your right to bear arms and all but there isn't anything in there that guarantees your privacy. There are laws that forbid actions that violate your privacy but the government and most legitimate businesses can easily buy enough information about you to connect the dots from Choicepoint.

For example, the government can't collect and aggregate some information from different databases but it can buy it as a complete package from Choicepoint and credit vetting agencies after you willingly submit it to get that Amex card or that shiny new car.

This whole obsession with privacy is nothing more than a loony left-wing and ultra-right wing fantasy.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    Oooh, the Keypad got a makeover!? Looks completely different than 1.1.4 Keypad.

• Reply 30 of 31
    bobo28bobo28 Posts: 59member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmjoe View Post

Hmmm ... well it'll be interesting to see how they respond when I refuse to give them my SSN. There isn't anything they need it for.

Apple has no legit reason that I'm aware of to copy and store your social security number ( they prob don't want the liability anyhow) While it seems innocuous to some, it's anything but. Just the combination of an SS#, Cell# and GPS are problematic on it's face. Just consider how easily the telecoms bent over for the Bush Admin. and stand a good chance of receiving immunity for it. The picture should be pretty clear to every US citizen. If you think it's OK to give up your basic Constitutional Rights just because YOU think you have nothing to hide , you deserve what your going to get . . . " What type of Government have we Mr. Franklin ? A Democracy gentleman, if you can keep it ! "

Perhaps more importantly , I'll be waiting until at least MacWorld, if not the expiration of the ATT exclusivity deal to get my new multi-core, special order color, 128gb iphone . Should be a breeze while everyone else lining up for a new Newton. Unless of course we have to start this social security number thing again !
  • Reply 31 of 31
    tantrumtantrum Posts: 41member
    bobo28 and others,

dudes, there's no such thing as a basic Constitutional right to privacy. I'm not kidding, ask a lawyer.