White iPhone 3Gs come in white boxes (photo)

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Based on reports flooding AppleInsider's tip lines, initial iPhone 3G supplies will be skewed largely towards the $199 8GB model, which comes only in black. That doesn't mean there won't be some 16 giggers floating around. And for the extra $100 required to trade up to the higher capacity model, you'll not only get your choice of white or black, but if you choose the white, you'll also get a white box too:

Photo taken at a Belgium press conference this morning.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Based on reports flooding AppleInsider's tip lines, initial iPhone 3G supplies will be skewed largely towards the $199 8GB model, which comes only in black. That doesn't mean there won't be some 16 giggers floating around. And for the extra $100 required to trade up to the higher capacity model, you'll not only get your choice of white or black, but if you choose the white, you'll also get a white box too:

Photo taken at a Belgium press conference this morning.

this is cool, makes the white one worth buying

http://blip.tv/file/1059784
  • Reply 2 of 3
    contegnicontegni Posts: 34member
    I'm definitely getting the 16GB but I'm still undecided on white or black. If this holds out to be true it might persuade me over...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Contegni View Post

I'm definitely getting the 16GB but I'm still undecided on white or black. If this holds out to be true it might persuade me over...

I'm also a bit torn. I really like the white apple on black background look for the black. But, I've had a white Incase slider case for my iPhone for the last couple of months, and _nothing_ (prints or scratces) shows on that white plastic.

Either way, I'll go with someting like Bodygardz film for protection -- not going with shells, cases again -- the 2 black soft Incase 'skins' that I used the first 6 months really screwed up the chrome bezel, which I think I will now 'fix' by making it brushed chrome.