Macbook updates won't come until September 17th...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The current student special of buying a mac(laptop) and getting a FREE or $299 off an ipod touch ends on September 15th...and the Paris Expo starts on September 17th-20th.

Obviously Apple wants to clear out stock of macbooks and macbook pros along with first generation ipod touches....for possible updates at the Paris Expo.

So I agree....updates to the macbook and macbook pro (along with ipod touches) most likely won't come until September 17th.

Can't wait. :-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I don't think the promotion means a thing relative to MacBook and MacBook Pro updates. That's just the way I see it!
  • Reply 2 of 12
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    Hey, I'd love for you to be right...but everything points to major updates at the Paris Expo and not before.

Of course I could be wrong too...but if Apple is trying to clear old macbook inventories it won't release new laptops BEFORE the "Free ipod" promotion ends on September 15th. IMHO. :-)

But thats just me. :-P

I guesss we'll find out for sure between now and then.

I want to get a new ipod touch AND a new laptop, so I have a big decision to make.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    empireempire Posts: 2member
  • Reply 4 of 12
    rshinrshin Posts: 1member
    Unfortunately (or fortunately?) Apple won't be attending the Apple Expo according to this article from Macworld.

Last year, Apple released new iPods on September 5th, new iMacs on August 7th, and new MacBook Pros just before the back-to-school promotion began. The promotion ended on September 16th, and you can still see details on it on the Apple Store website here. I think the promotion is more for clearing iPod stock?they wouldn't have released a new MacBook Pro just before and a new iMac during the promotion otherwise, and after the new iPods were released, the promotion only applied to the older ones (2G iPod nano).
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Wow. You're right. I just looked it up...Apple WON'T be at the Paris Expo.

Hmmm.

That changes everything. Could be anytime now. Maybe Apple will still wait until AFTER September 15th or maybe they'll announce it before. Who knows.

Do you think that they'll update the macbook and macbook pros at the same time? I think so.

Also...new ipod touches...any guess when?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    icd-evilicd-evil Posts: 66member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

Could be anytime now. Maybe Apple will still wait until AFTER September 15th or maybe they'll announce it before. Who knows.

You hit the nail on the head here

[/THREAD]
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Lol. Yes...I certainly did.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Not to mention that Apple uses intel chips now (and has for a while). Although Apple marches to the beat of their own drum, they have to stay on schedule. If they release the new MBs and MBPs too late they will lose a lose sales to other competitors who put montevina chips in immediately.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    when will intel be releasing the new chips?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    We've already been over this, Apple released Santa Rosa revision of the MBP during last years Back to School offer.

Apple have to get new MacBook Pros in students hands before the start of term, the current ones just don't cut it. I doubt they are selling that well even with the BtS offer, only the MacBooks probably are. Everyone in the market for a Pro is waiting for Montevina + an actual decent GPU.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    I want a bigger screen. If it stays 13 inches only I will be P'ed off. Then again what else is new?
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I think it all depends on when they clear out their inventory. I dont think they really care if its durring the promo or not if the stock runs out, then they will release the new ones