Apple's iPhone software v2.0 available early for brave users

Comments

• Reply 41 of 136
    biotechbiotech Posts: 20member
    Can not get it to work on itunes 7.7 do you need prev version?
  • Reply 42 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

Has anyone installed the remote? Will it install on the iPod Touch 1.1.4 or is 2.0 required?

Yeah, I just did and it works great with my desktop, haven't tried it with my appleTV yet. I imagine it would work with an iPod Touch b/c it uses your network.
  • Reply 43 of 136
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Last_Restraint View Post

Is Super Monkey Ball worth the ten bucks?

i like the game, you may want to wait for few days, and TOP (Paid) APPS are keep changing, i guess there are plenty of games to download .... need more $$$
  • Reply 44 of 136
    If I used the AIM app to send instant messages, does that deduct from the total SMS I have available? Or is AIM completely unlimited?
  • Reply 45 of 136
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex3917 View Post

If I used the AIM app to send instant messages, does that deduct from the total SMS I have available? Or is AIM completely unlimited?

i believe no relation between AIM and SMS, for AIM u r using your unlimited data service, thats all, it is not related to SMS ...
  • Reply 46 of 136
    wprowewprowe Posts: 33member
    Also realized I had not upgraded to latest iTunes. Will try again when I am able to get Wi-Fi access to update iTunes before trying to update to iPhone 2.0.
  • Reply 47 of 136
    sapporobabysapporobaby Posts: 1,079member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeBop27 View Post

Yeah, I just did and it works great with my desktop, haven't tried it with my appleTV yet. I imagine it would work with an iPod Touch b/c it uses your network.

I am still on 1.1.4 with my iPod Touch. I downloaded the remote app but I can not seem to figure out how to get it on my iPod. I think I need 2.0 to make it work.
  • Reply 48 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

I am still on 1.1.4 with my iPod Touch. I downloaded the remote app but I can not seem to figure out how to get it on my iPod. I think I need 2.0 to make it work.

Sorry, I totally skipped that part when I read your post. You are going to need 2.0.
  • Reply 49 of 136
    chocho Posts: 5member
    Just re-syncing my phone now.

If this works, it'll make up for not being able to source a 3G unit for tomorrow!
  • Reply 50 of 136
    djpadzdjpadz Posts: 37member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Knowlton View Post

Well I clicked restore while holding down ALT and it just restored my iPhone.

I did install itunes 7.7

It looks like iTunes 7.7 is required (at least on the Mac). Trying to do the upgrade under 7.6.2 left my phone in recovery mode, and I had to restore 1.1.4 before I could do anything else.

(iTunes 7.7 is available in Software Update now.)

--Dj
  • Reply 51 of 136
    gerardjgerardj Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djpadz View Post

It looks like iTunes 7.7 is required (at least on the Mac). Trying to do the upgrade under 7.6.2 left my phone in recovery mode, and I had to restore 1.1.4 before I could do anything else.

(iTunes 7.7 is available in Software Update now.)

--Dj

I second that... tried to update the iPhone with the DLed file in the article and it failed three times.

Installing iTunes 7.7 now.

Update: installing iTunes 7.7 allowed the update to happen, iPhone now reports version 2.0 and is syncing all content.

The update takes a LONG time at points with no progress bars on the phone or computer.
  • Reply 52 of 136
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    works great.

all i wanted from 2.0 was the ability to delete more than one email message. it works! yay!

hold'em looks good...

crashed the app store on the iphone... clicked to get a free app then clicked the button for 'featured' and the itunes password prompt came up right as i did that and it killed the app. lol.

Other than that its a very nice software update for my g1 phone. i like it.
  • Reply 53 of 136
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    any apps for

gps text to speech?

voice dialing?
  • Reply 54 of 136
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    I had to reboot the iPhone after attempting to download a couple apps. The apps got stuck on the home screen with a status of "Loading...". Upon reboot, the apps disappeared but downloading from the app store was functional. I've since downloaded a few apps with no trouble.
  • Reply 55 of 136
    I decided to try to do this to my iPod touch, thinking it would just say no way if it wouldn't work. Well, it did worse than that. Since the update servers are f-ed right now, I can't get iTunes to download the proper software, so my iPod touch is stuck in the 'plug into iTunes' mode.

I'll fix it when I get home tonight. No biggie. Just a bummer that I get no music for my train ride home.
  • Reply 56 of 136
    Nice Syching with Corp exchange without paying $45 a month.
  • Reply 57 of 136
    Also no bluetooth headphones for music
  • Reply 58 of 136
    wprowewprowe Posts: 33member
    I found free Wi-Fi (thanks Panera), downloaded iTunes 7.7, and completed the upgrade successfully. No problems.

Noticed a new Contacts application on the Home Screen. Haven't dug deep into it. How does it differ from the Phone application?
  • Reply 59 of 136
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BioTech View Post

Nice Syching with Corp exchange without paying $45 a month.

yeah, this is very nice. however it will only do 1 exchange server, which sucks. one nice part is that it defaults to no for syncing contacts and calendars, which I do not want. but you can add or remove either of them. too bad it doesn't allow both your personal calendars and exchange, its either one or the other. ugh. maybe 3.0.
  • Reply 60 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

yeah, this is very nice. however it will only do 1 exchange server, which sucks. one nice part is that it defaults to no for syncing contacts and calendars, which I do not want. but you can add or remove either of them. too bad it doesn't allow both your personal calendars and exchange, its either one or the other. ugh. maybe 3.0.

When I installed itunes it created a new personal calander for mobile me which i think will allow you to sync them once mobileme is up.