Would it be a terrible time to buy a MB/MBP?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ICD-EVIL View Post

How can you not see what he is saying? If he spends the money now and a new laptop comes out a month later, the same laptop will be worth significantly less. He will lose money, as his same money could have bought him a newer better laptop had he waited a few more weeks.

He ONLY loses money if he sells it, for cry'in out loud! He would lose money on a sale even if there were no replacement model available because once he buys it, it would be used. Get a clue! Where do you guys get this idea that you are getting screwed? Your not! Your getting WTF you paid for! If you buy a new car, when a new model replaces it, do you run around wringing your hands crying that you've been screwed?

His only concern about the value of his computer is if he intends to sell it. Other than that, it's a bunch of juvenile panty wadding, and crying . A computer does not function based on it's resale value. There is NO law saying that you are entitled to a replacement if a new model is introduced. This is basic Kindergarten, he's only entitled to what he can pay for, period!

You guys can waste your time worrying about this crap, it's ridiculous. He either buys now, or he waits, there are no other choices. If he buys now, a new model will replace what he buys. If he waits for the next model, a new model will replace that one too! In the meantime, he could be using a new machine.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    You just don't get it. You act like we owe Apple something, like we have to pay them now and be content with what is available. We are consumers and as such we wanted the newest, fastest, and coolest products for our money. Nobody cares about the sale value of a used notebook, we simply don't want to cheat ourselves out of a newer and better laptop because we were too impatient to wait for it. There is nothing juvenile, immature, or Kindergartenish about that. You need to find a new forum, because you clearly don't belong here.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zinfella View Post

He ONLY loses money if he sells it, for cry'in out loud! He would lose money on a sale even if there were no replacement model available because once he buys it, it would be used. Get a clue! Where do you guys get this idea that you are getting screwed? Your not! Your getting WTF you paid for! If you buy a new car, when a new model replaces it, do you run around wringing your hands crying that you've been screwed?

His only concern about the value of his computer is if he intends to sell it. Other than that, it's a bunch of juvenile panty wadding, and crying . A computer does not function based on it's resale value. There is NO law saying that you are entitled to a replacement if a new model is introduced. This is basic Kindergarten, he's only entitled to what he can pay for, period!

You guys can waste your time worrying about this crap, it's ridiculous. He either buys now, or he waits, there are no other choices. If he buys now, a new model will replace what he buys. If he waits for the next model, a new model will replace that one too! In the meantime, he could be using a new machine.

I am not really sure why you are in the Future Hardware forum. This forum is about speculation. The concern for getting the latest and greatest is what this thread is all about. This concept is very clearly lost on you.

The OP just wants to buy the latest and greatest computer for the price. If he buys one now, there will be a new MB or MBP released shortly after that will out preform his. Will the performance leap be life or death? Certainly not. There is no point in buying something that is not as good for the same price when in as little as 1-2 months there will be something better for the same price. Do you understand? Do we need to spell it out for you?
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ICD-EVIL View Post

You just don't get it. You act like we owe Apple something, like we have to pay them now and be content with what is available. We are consumers and as such we wanted the newest, fastest, and coolest products for our money. Nobody cares about the sale value of a used notebook, we simply don't want to cheat ourselves out of a newer and better laptop because we were too impatient to wait for it. There is nothing juvenile, immature, or Kindergartenish about that. You need to find a new forum, because you clearly don't belong here.

No, you are more concerned with having the latest and greatest as opposed to a completely useable machine. You want to be "cool" instead of actually doing some work. THAT is juvenile. When you're old enough to get a job that furnishes your computer, go tell your boss that you need each new model that hits the market so you can be cool! Anything less, and you think that you're "cheated", I call that extremely juvenile.

You guys are the ones acting like you deserve a new model just because it's out there. The truth is that current models probably have more capabilities then you actually need or use. Of course, that's not "cool", even though it is true. Being cool is about as immature a goal as any that comes to mind.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    zerfmanzerfman Posts: 43member
    Quote:

No, you are more concerned with having the latest and greatest as opposed to a completely useable machine. You want to be "cool" instead of actually doing some work. THAT is juvenile. When you're old enough to get a job that furnishes your computer, go tell your boss that you need each new model that hits the market so you can be cool! Anything less, and you think that you're "cheated", I call that extremely juvenile.

You guys are the ones acting like you deserve a new model just because it's out there. The truth is that current models probably have more capabilities then you actually need or use. Of course, that's not "cool", even though it is true. Being cool is about as immature a goal as any that comes to mind.

its not about deserving anything. Its like this i bought a brand new imac a few years back and i was happy about it but then a new model came out like 3 weeks later. and yes my computer still functioned fine, does to this day but i still wished i had waited a little bit longer. i dont think its selfish to want a better one. i mean i am the one paying for it. and its a huge investment to buy a computer at least for me so ya i wanna get the best that i can. it just sounds like your saying we are immature for wanting to wait a while to get a new computer and honestly, thats what any intelligent person would do. its not about being cool or anything like that. its just about getting the most out of our 2000 bucks i mean honestly if given the choice out of 1 computer for 2 grand and a crappier one for 2 grand would you buy the crappier one just because it can still do basically the same thing?? i think not my friend, i think not.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zerfman View Post

its not about deserving anything. Its like this i bought a brand new imac a few years back and i was happy about it but then a new model came out like 3 weeks later. and yes my computer still functioned fine, does to this day but i still wished i had waited a little bit longer. i dont think its selfish to want a better one. i mean i am the one paying for it. and its a huge investment to buy a computer at least for me so ya i wanna get the best that i can. it just sounds like your saying we are immature for wanting to wait a while to get a new computer and honestly, thats what any intelligent person would do. its not about being cool or anything like that. its just about getting the most out of our 2000 bucks i mean honestly if given the choice out of 1 computer for 2 grand and a crappier one for 2 grand would you buy the crappier one just because it can still do basically the same thing?? i think not my friend, i think not.

You managed to miss the point. It's not as though anyone shouldn't want a newer computer model. What it IS about is whining on a public forum that you were "screwed", or "cheated", or that you might be, because new model was released after you bought. While I agree that such a situation might be considered unfortunate, it's a damn long way from being screwed or cheated. Are there not enough mature people here that understand that? Or do you think that we should just go along with the " Me generation" that thinks they're put upon if they don't get instant gratification, and everyone feeling sorry for them if they don't?
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Yeah... I'll just let you guys work this out. :P
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:

You managed to miss the point. It's not as though anyone shouldn't want a newer computer model. What it IS about is whining on a public forum that you were "screwed", or "cheated", or that you might be, because new model was released after you bought. While I agree that such a situation might be considered unfortunate, it's a damn long way from being screwed or cheated. Are there not enough mature people here that understand that? Or do you think that we should just go along with the " Me generation" that thinks they're put upon if they don't get instant gratification, and everyone feeling sorry for them if they don't?

First off. No one here is whining. No one here thinks they got cheated or screwed because they didn't wait.

Zinfella, if you had the option to wait a month and get a computer that had a 2.4 GHZ processor or buy a computer that was entirely the same with a 2.1 GHZ processor, for the same price, would you wait? That is just an example of what these threads are about. People want to wait. Most of us go out and buy a computer and keep it for a long time. If I have to keep my computer for the next 4 years, I want to get the best I can. This iMac that I am typing on is the first series of G5 iMacs, had I been impatient and bought an iMac right away it would be a G4 iMac. When it is possible to wait a little longer for a better computer, does it not make sense to do so? Are you really so dense?

Oh and thanks for not responding to my last post. I know you had nothing to counter it with anyway. LOGIC IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!
  • Reply 29 of 30
    paprochypaprochy Posts: 129member
    Don't bother with him guys. He's a classic troll. He knows you guys are right, but he'll continue to do everything he can to wind you up. It's funny how he blabs about people being immature and how they should be doing real work, when in reality he is probably a pimple faced kid sitting in his mothers basement getting off on trolling forums. If he were really the mature hardworking professional that he makes himself out to be, he wouldn't have even bothered with this discussion.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    maclvr03maclvr03 Posts: 198member
    I would wait for sure. Maybe go to library and do homework there on their computer?