Visual preview of top 10 free iPhone applications

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    quanjiquanji Posts: 1member
    anyone know how to log out of the aim app? maybe im just missing something obvious...
  • Reply 42 of 54
    msimpsonmsimpson Posts: 452member
    Well that is a lot of nothing... Counting these apps put me to sleep

AIM - may use it, but not too exciting

Facebook : snooze. I would give it 3 "sheeps" Something for the flock. bah bah bah.

eBay Mobile : 1.5 sheeps - bah ba

Twiiterific : -100 sheeps. A sheep dog to herd you around to the flock would be more useful

NY Times: snooze deluxe. 2 sheeps. Does it come with a lies filter?

MySpace; 3 sheeps. If you have Facebook and MySpace on your iPhone will it go into some infinite loop and then burst into flames in your pocket?

Nothing there to compel me to get an iPhone, luckily I am sure there will be plenty of creative apps from people who aren't part of the flock of sheep.
  • Reply 43 of 54
    +mimic+mimic Posts: 37member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

I would assume that the iTunes Remote has a 'Cover Flow' view right? Please say yes!!

Nope, no coverflow. Not that i can get working anyway.

I do hope a full Mac remote comes out. there was this one that worked through Safari that could control the camera, but oddly not the mic? Anyway, this remote will be cool, and i can't wait to see what is next.
  • Reply 44 of 54
    aclezioaclezio Posts: 6member
    weather bug:

radar picture is that of the whole US.

does not update camera shots to match the most recently accessed weather report

aim:

crashes

BofA:

same as webapp

remote:

works for the most part. doesn't always connect. otherwise great.

not 3rd party, but maps now has live updating...
  • Reply 45 of 54
    strawberrystrawberry Posts: 181member
    I'm looking forward to seeing a native Remote Buddy app for the iPhone/Touch, so I can control Front Row!
  • Reply 46 of 54
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pyrofighting View Post

Im running 7.7 and I have no firewalls. Thanks for the quick replies, any more sugestions? I have also tried renaming and that didnt work.

I had this same problem using my MacBook Pro. I went into system preferences and then into security. I made the firewall allow all incoming connections, left the window open and synced iTunes with my iPhone. It connected and then I switched back to Security and changed it back to the original settings. See if that works.

Regards,

non-ass
  • Reply 47 of 54
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    annoying that the UK store doesn't have some of these apps
  • Reply 48 of 54
    +mimic+mimic Posts: 37member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

I'm looking forward to seeing a native Remote Buddy app for the iPhone/Touch, so I can control Front Row!

yeah, that's whats it called. I could not think of the name.

Yes, i very much want this also. Surprised it is not written already
  • Reply 49 of 54
    I downloaded iTunes 7.7 and some apps, but they won't sync to my iPhone... what gives?
  • Reply 50 of 54
    Besides the iRemote and perhaps the AOL radio app all the others are just the same as their Web site. Why am I going to clutter my home screen and download apps when I might as well use Safari and go to the Websites for Facebook, Myspace, eBay and Google. I'd love to see a real "App" and not just a web site replacement. Is this as creative as they can get?
  • Reply 51 of 54
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polonium66 View Post

I downloaded iTunes 7.7 and some apps, but they won't sync to my iPhone... what gives?

Do you have:

1. a new 3G iPhone

or:

2. the original phone with the new version 2 software installed?

If not, then it won't work.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    You know what's really great about the Remote app? That it's completely useless on to those of us streaming our libraries from our Macs. You can only control files that are directly on the Apple TV.

I suppose I would be grateful that the app is free, if I was even able to use any feature in it.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Apps sizes are not as large as I expected! That's good, I guess 8GB will do just fine for now

What were you expecting? Apps for mobile phones and PDAs are historically pretty small. I would expect them to be a bit bigger, but certainly not the size of common Mac OS X apps, even if there is shared code in the OS. Mobile apps just don't need to be complicated or big to be useful.
  • Reply 54 of 54
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stukdog View Post

I hope there are more apps that are good just on their own.

By this I mean, doesn't rely on an online service. Nearly all of these are just interfaces for online companies (NYT, Ebay, Facebook, Myspace, etc)

I'd hope that it reduces the amount of data that needs to be sent, making it snappier.