Apple's MobileMe push service now live

Comments

• Reply 81 of 146
    robmackrobmack Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cicero View Post

Holy s*** I was able to log in and view my mail......

lets hope it stays

4:04 pacific time

it looks like everything else is working too. woohoo....

Yeah, looks like it is up and useable! Awesome......
  • Reply 82 of 146
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    I just logged in... Here's to hoping!
  • Reply 83 of 146
    MobileMe is now up and running in Australia, however there is no mobileme update package appearing in software update on both my home and work Macs

Edit, seems very very sluggish at the moment, but looks nice
  • Reply 84 of 146
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Yippee! Me.com is working!

But note: mac.com is still redirecting to the maintenance page. And all the .mac links to my photo galleries points to the MobileMe marketing page. I would have thought all that would get redirected? Am I going to have to fix every link that goes to my photos? I guess I'll wait and see, although I've already gotten an email from someone asking what happened to my photos. (I'm hesitant to fire up Aperture as it will try to sync my online photo albums.)

Also, the new FAQ says that you can no longer create groups! I don't remember that being in the info provided previously, but I may have missed that, too.

Edit:

And 1 minute later, every page is now giving me:

"Server Error

The following error occurred:

[code=SERVER_RESPONSE_RESET] The server response could not be read because of an error. Contact your system administrator.

Please contact the administrator."
  • Reply 85 of 146
    cicerocicero Posts: 20member
    i guess it was fun while it lasted...
  • Reply 86 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

Also, the new FAQ says that you can no longer create groups! I don't remember that being in the info provided previously, but I may have missed that, too.

Yup, I think you are right.... while it was up and running for the last few minutes I went looking for my group and it does seem to be gone

Chris
  • Reply 87 of 146
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Not working here in Canada. Me.com redirects to the Apple info page as before.
  • Reply 88 of 146
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I woke up this morning and my iMac had the MobileMe update in the software update along with iTunes. I installed them. iTunes is the only thing working and it rocks with v2.0 on my iPhone! So does Apple TV. I hope to wake up to MobileMe operating as it should on my way to get a new 3G phone.
  • Reply 89 of 146
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    I still don't get the MobileMe update ... or 2.0 for my Touch.

Waiting patiently... Going to get my iPhone in an hour will help ease the pain.
  • Reply 90 of 146
    dsosbdsosb Posts: 52member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

I woke up this morning and my iMac had the MobileMe update in the software update along with iTunes. I installed them. iTunes is the only thing working and it rocks with v2.0 on my iPhone! So does Apple TV. I hope to wake up to MobileMe operating as it should on my way to get a new 3G phone.

We have to have a Mobile Me update? Where do we get that?
  • Reply 91 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dsosb View Post

Yea... when the site was up shortly this AM I downloaded it around 7am EST. It also renames the Sync to Mobileme Sync.
  • Reply 92 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dsosb View Post

May be if you run the system update. I cannot remember if I got it when I accessed the site or if there was a popup this am on my Dash
  • Reply 93 of 146
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Mine was in the Software Update window with iTunes. But by the time I got to work, it was not there. So who knows! MobileMe is truly mobile, it is on the run and gets spotted once every few hours!
  • Reply 94 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jabohn View Post

Not working here in Canada. Me.com redirects to the Apple info page as before.

Not working here in Hong Kong. Me.com redirects to the Apple info page as before.

and .Mac sync is still down
  • Reply 95 of 146
    Doesn't work n Seattle WA. No updates in the control panel or anything. Who knows!?
  • Reply 96 of 146
    Not working for me here at at all, other than mail behaving properly.

Mail works as it should, sends and receives from @me and @mac email addy.

Was able to log onto the mobileme website earlier today, idisk access, mail, all the bits

and pieces were apparently working, then it all disappeared again, just redirects back to mobileme promo page now.

I have still not seen the mobileme update in software update, however iTunes 7.7 was available last night.

I grabbed the mobileme update from a link referenced on an AI post, hope it was correct cos i downloaded and installed it and it changed the .Mac icon to the mobileme icon, plus other things that I am unaware of.

All of this seems to have worked properly, ......

Now the bad news.....

I can no longer, and hopefully only for the time being, log into mobileme from the System Preference to turn on syncing, back to my mac and so on.It just keeps giving me an error saying i have an invalid ID and asks for me to try again.

That being said, I can get my email no worries, i can access idisc from the finder no problem so i am guessing this is just part of the turning on process.

Anyone else with similar problems, weirdness?
  • Reply 97 of 146
    mbp52mbp52 Posts: 1member
    Nothing working all day long. I have not been able to get anywhere, no change in system preferences, it started to load MM earlier today but then timed out and ever since then it just re-directs to the MM info page.
  • Reply 98 of 146
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Looks like Apple may have thrown in the towel for the day. Stuff that was at last sort of working before has been taken down, and everything as been repointed to the MobileMe marketing page.

Hopefully better luck tomorrow. If not, they need to restore the old functionality until they get MobileMe fixed. Hopefully they at least have a backout plan for this sort of contingency (and if not, Apple really needs to get out of the online service business and leave it to the professionals).
  • Reply 99 of 146
    grea55grea55 Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Now the bad news.....

I can no longer, and hopefully only for the time being, log into mobileme from the System Preference to turn on syncing, back to my mac and so on.It just keeps giving me an error saying i have an invalid ID and asks for me to try again.

I got this same error at 9 am EST. I was able to download MobileMe but then it told me (while trying to logon via System Preferences) that my ID or password was invalid. Here it is over 14 hours later and still the same problem.

Also, I saw in a thread that Groups are now gone. I know Apple never had Groups listed as a feature going away, but I also noticed they never mentioned Groups at all in conjunction with MobileMe. Can anyone confirm Groups are not part of the new service?
  • Reply 100 of 146
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grea55 View Post

I got this same error at 9 am EST. I was able to download MobileMe but then it told me (while trying to logon via System Preferences) that my ID or password was invalid. Here it is over 14 hours later and still the same problem.

Also, I saw in a thread that Groups are now gone. I know Apple never had Groups listed as a feature going away, but I also noticed they never mentioned Groups at all in conjunction with MobileMe. Can anyone confirm Groups are not part of the new service?

see here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2050

It appears to be working again now.