iTouch update 2.0???

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
where do i find the update because itunes it saying my ipod is up to date already.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 45
    I don't know if its out for purchase yet... I'm ready to buy it to >.<
  • Reply 2 of 45
    shady104shady104 Posts: 332member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brandon639 View Post

I don't know if its out for purchase yet... I'm ready to buy it to >.<

ooo i thought it was released already but i guess its only for iphone users. i guess theyre more special since they allow apple and at&t to rape them every month.
  • Reply 3 of 45
    Im ready to fork over my cash for the update Apple, lets go! >.<
  • Reply 4 of 45
    Quote:

Apple does nothing wrong, its AT&T whos screwing them over.

lol i love apple but come one someones drinking the company kool ade....theres a reason none of the providers wanted the iphone until it was a huge hit. apple was being unreasonable in there terms.
  • Reply 5 of 45
    You caught that before I edited it <.< What I really meant was that its mostly AT&T thats causing issues with the new plans and all there crap, Apple hasnt done anything wrong, with this iPhone... yet.
  • Reply 6 of 45
    Quote:

You caught that before I edited it <.< What I really meant was that its mostly AT&T thats causing issues with the new plans and all there crap, Apple hasnt done anything wrong, with this iPhone... yet.

ok ok ur right....with THIS iPhone they are raping AT&T...instead of the consumer.
  • Reply 7 of 45
    No no no, thats not what I said, its AT&T thats "raping" the customer. Apple made the phone, its cheap, now AT&T jack up the plans, thats were they get screwed. Not by Apple.
  • Reply 8 of 45
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shady104 View Post

ooo i thought it was released already but i guess its only for iphone users. i guess theyre more special since they allow apple and at&t to rape them every month.

It actually hasn't even been officially released for iPhone users yet - it's just been leaked.
  • Reply 9 of 45
    Quote:

No no no, thats not what I said, its AT&T thats "raping" the customer. Apple made the phone, its cheap, now AT&T jack up the plans, thats were they get screwed. Not by Apple.

u need to check ur info. at&t is loosing like 200 bucks on each iphone because of apple.
  • Reply 10 of 45
    Do we have to wait until tomorrow??? I NEED SUPER MONKEY BALL.
  • Reply 11 of 45
    soulbowsoulbow Posts: 30member
    Concerning the 2.0 update, will it be out at midnight or sometime during the day? It better be midnight, I'm leaving early in the morning for Washington D.C.
  • Reply 12 of 45
    jwsteelejwsteele Posts: 12member
    So I just read that if you are an ipod touch owner who paid the $20 in January, you have the priveldge of paying another $10 for the 2.0 update.

If you didn't pay the $20 in January, of course the $20 update is included in the 2.0 update.

So I get to pay $30 for the 2 updates but if I hadn't updated in January the same software would cost me $10. Come on Apple show me some love, not abuse.

They must really not want people to buy the touch.

• Reply 13 of 45
    tried to upgrade it just now and it kept saying tunes store down. now it looks like they pulled the update alltogether. wtf apple?
  • Reply 14 of 45
    cajoncajon Posts: 6member
    Quote:

where do i find the update because itunes it saying my ipod is up to date already.

It looks like the Apple sites are overwhelmed today. When I tried to upgrade my iTunes to 7.7, I got an error message from the Apple site. I was able to get 7.7 at

http://www.download.com/iTunes/3000-....html?hhTest=1

When I try to upgrade my iTouch to v 2.0, I alternately get a message that says v 1.1.4 is the most current version or that v 2.0 is available. When I try to upgrade to v 2.0, I get the message that the iTunes store is not available. I guess we all just have to keep trying. Perhaps Apple will be able to afford to buy some more bandwidth with all the money they're making on the iPhone today.
  • Reply 15 of 45
    rejuevierejuevie Posts: 11member
    Hey guys I've been able to update my Ipod Touch with this link below

http://content.info.apple.com/Protec...7_Restore.ipsw

It's not for the Iphone 3G, the Ipod Touch baby! Enjoy. Nor did I have to pay for it...
  • Reply 16 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rejuevie View Post

Hey guys I've been able to update my Ipod Touch with this link below

http://content.info.apple.com/Protec...7_Restore.ipsw

It's not for the Iphone 3G, the Ipod Touch baby! Enjoy. Nor did I have to pay for it...

ok tryin 2 download that file now...its takin foreverrr though. lets see if it works.
  • Reply 17 of 45
    Quote:

ok tryin 2 download that file now...its takin foreverrr though. lets see if it works.

I've started the download also. It's 223 MB so it's going to take awhile.
  • Reply 18 of 45
    wait thats a restore file? so i just click restore in itunes and it uses it automatically? wont i loose everything on my ipod including noted and contacts and all my settings???
  • Reply 19 of 45
    I got the unofficial update, and things are running smoothly. Super Monkey Ball = God.
  • Reply 20 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applesmartcars View Post

I got the unofficial update, and things are running smoothly. Super Monkey Ball = God.

I tried to get the official update at http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/whatsnew.html

When it accesses iTunes, I get the error message:

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request.

The iTunes store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

It's been like this all day. Is there another place I can go to get v 2.0? I downloaded the reset file using the above link but didn't want to try it in case it would wipe out my iTouch.