The Future Hardware poll is here

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
What hardware do we have one week from now? Please take this poll ONCE so we know the temperature of our expectations. Also all you unregistered surfers.

And please don´t flame me for not listing USB2, FW2, Airport2 etc. It was hard enough to make as it is.

[edit]Perhaps a link would help<a href="http://www.misterpoll.com/150045136.html"; target="_blank">The poll</a>[/edit]

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Anders ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    And the results can be seen here:

<a href="http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=150045136"; target="_blank">Results</a>
  • Reply 2 of 14
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    I like those results so far...

• Reply 3 of 14
    And please spread it around.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Good idea
  • Reply 5 of 14
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    boy, you guys are optimistic...
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Not more than I expected. Notice that people don´t expect the iBook and Ti to get an huge update.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Wow sinking fast.

When it hits a couple of hundred votes I will use my sociological skills and post some statistics here.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    That poll is slanted toward the optimistic end.

The only post 1 GHz possibility is the Powermac, and even then, I'd only give that a 1 in 10 chance.

Glad to see PowerPod, though!

SdC
  • Reply 9 of 14
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Seems like a lot of people agreed with what I voted for.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    If we are being opptimistic- then why the HELL is Apple hyping this so hard? Shit, we still have 4 days left. What will the Apple front pages say each of those 4 days? Think they will decline in hype? No. They will continue the sky rocketing soar into unchartered hypeness.

Steve knows what happens when a show is hyped. Think Paris after MWNY 01, "No New Hardware"

Why would they fan the flames of nothing short of spectacular? They've already shown they know the game (no new hardware because people were think new iMac) so with all of us specualting about LCD iMacs and G5s, why would Apple follow a path they have already avoided and not back it up?

They will back it up. We will be blown away. We are not opptimistic, we simply realize that Apple knew they blew it last year with NO HYPE.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Apple is hyping a NEW product. Beyond the rumor sites, means, something different, not more of the same. It doesn't mean that instead of 1.6 GHz G5s we will get 2.4 GHz G5s.

I do think that CPU changes will be very exciting for this expo, but I don't see the Powermacs going any higher than 1.4 GHz if they are G5s, or 1.2 GHz if they are G4s. Actually, if they are G4s even 1.1 GHz is pushing it.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I just don't get the argument that this hype is squarely for a new product. Who cares? While it may be cool, power users want a new G5, and some power/non power users want a new iMac. Not to mention X.2, new iApps, etc.

Som some new Porduct but standard 133 bump across the board WOULD BLOWN CHUNKS. This would only live up to expectations if everything we've guessed (G5's, G4 iMacs) comes out ALONG with a New Product.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    *bump*
  • Reply 14 of 14
    And here are the final results:

IMAC

The most predicted iMac by 32% (G4 LCD at or post 1 Ghz) was too optimistic unfortunetly. What we got was the second most guessed G4 LCD sub 1 Ghz (22%).

BUT if we look at the predicted screen, processor and speed we get (the actual spec in bold and predicted in italics):

G3 39%

G4 58%

CRT 8%

LCD 89%

Sub 1Ghz 46%

At or post 1Ghz 51%

POWERMAC

Only 12% predicted a G4 with a sub 1,4 Ghz processor in the current case and that make it the third most chosen prediction. The exact opposite predition (G5 at or over 1,4 Ghz new case) was the most popular with 32%.

G4 34%

G5 61%

Sub 1,4 Ghz 37%

At or over 1,4 Ghz 58%

Current case 32%

New Case 58%

Lets hope some of the optimism will be met within a couple of months. For no other reason than to keep Leonis happy

IBOOK

Here the predictions didn´t match the real world. We got the a larger screen, at least for the top model. Only 16% thought that would happen while 63% predicted no change.

Sub 1 Ghz 79%

At or over 1 Ghz 19%

Same screen 77%

New screen 21%

TIBOOK

This was dead on. 59% predicted that it would stay G4, sub 1 Ghz and with same resolution. No surprise since it just got a combo drive.

G4 89%

G5 7%

Sub 1 Ghz 84%

At or higher than 1 Ghz 12%

Same resolution 79%

Higher resolution 17%

ONE MORE THING

We got iPhoto which in my book is an iTool. With iCamera I meant a camera a la iPod but some may have meant something like iPhoto when they voted iCamera. Only 11% predicted a new iTool while the winners in the poll was a hardware mediaplayer (23%), iCamera (23%) and Newton II/iWalk (22%) and nothing (14%)

We predicted more of the new iMac, MUCH more from the PowerMac and less from the iBook than we got. We hit the Ti (but it was a gie away).

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Anders ]</p>