Apple posts Mac OS X Update for Mobile Me 1.1

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple has quietly made its Mac OS X Update for MobileMe 1.1 available through the Software Update utility.

The download is accessible only to users with active MobileMe (formerly .Mac) accounts and Mac OS X 10.5.4, and improves integration with the push data service.

Apple had posted 1.0 earlier in the week but now says 1.1 includes "general system fixes."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    It still hasn't shown up for me in SU.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackbird_1.0 View Post

Well this will help a direct link to MobileMe 1.1.pkg

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downl...X/MobileMe.pkg

It installs and work perfectly and it should show up as a standalone download sometime in the next few days if not updated yet again.

Be aware under Tiger it all still looks like .mac did as stated by apple.

I have no idea whether apple will release a Tiger version or not.

• Reply 3 of 6
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackbird_1.0 View Post

It didn't show up for me until I went to the .Mac System Preferences panel. Even then it took it a minute to show up. Strangely the name of that panel after the upgrade is still ".Mac"
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cbudcbud Posts: 1member
    The update trashed my G4 powerbook. Can't even re install the OS (10.5.4). This happened yesterday on the restart after the update.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cbud View Post

The update trashed my G4 powerbook. Can't even re install the OS (10.5.4). This happened yesterday on the restart after the update.

Why is it that we get gems of wisdom like this after every software update patch? At least it didn't fry your computer and make smoke come out of the panel...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

Why is it that we get gems of wisdom like this after every software update patch? At least it didn't fry your computer and make smoke come out of the panel...

Here's a gem. Worked fine on more than 6 Mac's I have.