Who wants a larger Macbook?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I believe I took a poll on this before, but how many of you want to see a larger Macbook as an option? For me the 14 inch ibook was as small as my eyes will allow and the MBPro is too expensive. Apple right now has no alternative to inexpensive larger screen Windows Laptops.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    bclapperbclapper Posts: 237member
    But will it happen?

Probably not
  • Reply 2 of 22
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Larger?

But seriously, a lot of people would find a larger MB useful. However, I consistently feel that smaller would be a better idea, but then I wonder if I'd even buy an 11" MB if it was available. I think 13" is probably just about right.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    it would be awesome if apple had:

a 15 inch macbook with a half decent graphics card

a 17 inch mbp with blu-ray drive

a blu-ray drive option in the 15 inch macbook pro

how long will all that take 'em?
  • Reply 4 of 22
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    13.3" is the right size for me. I've had bigger laptops, and they're a pain to lug around.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    A loy of people like to use a laptop as their main computer and 13 inches is just too small. Its widely available in the PC world and its one glaring ommission on Apples part, IMO.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steve666 View Post

A loy of people like to use a laptop as their main computer and 13 inches is just too small. Its widely available in the PC world and its one glaring ommission on Apples part, IMO.

You forgot the other "glaring" item, and that is how successful Apple is with the lineup that they offer. We have a lot of armchair quarterbacks here, but none, in their infinite wisdom, have out performed the Apple model with their own entry into the marketplace.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zinfella View Post

You forgot the other "glaring" item, and that is how successful Apple is with the lineup that they offer. We have a lot of armchair quarterbacks here, but none, in their infinite wisdom, have out performed the Apple model with their own entry into the marketplace.

How about the fact that Apple would also get the millions of sales that go to consumer PC Laptops that offer larger screens?
  • Reply 8 of 22
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Quote:

How about the fact that Apple would also get the millions of sales that go to consumer PC Laptops that offer larger screens?

Too bad that you're not running Apple, but, wait! They're already successful without your advice, and maybe because they didn't have it. Everyone thinks they have better idea, but, they don't prove it in the marketplace, so how good is their idea?
  • Reply 9 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zinfella View Post

Too bad that you're not running Apple, but, wait! They're already successful without your advice, and maybe because they didn't have it. Everyone thinks they have better idea, but, they don't prove it in the marketplace, so how good is their idea?

And how many Computers does Apple actually sell compared to other makes?

If you took your head out of Jobs' ass for a few minutes you might realize that Apple is not perfect.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    I don't understand the "No" responses. There's nothing wrong with having the option of a larger screen.

Zinfella, why so defensive? Success doesn't mean perfection. Relax a little bit.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    maclvr03maclvr03 Posts: 198member
    Quote:

I have a 13 inch MB. I recently got a 22in LG monitor. What a difference. When I just use my laptop I can't believe it, everything is so small. Even if the MB came in a 14 or 15 I still think I would get the 13. Easier to carry around, then when I come home I can plug it into my monitor
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Plugging it into a monitor is an option but then again the Mini has similar internals for less moolah.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    erunnoerunno Posts: 225member
    I'd actually welcome an optional 1440x900 resolution on MacBooks (and 1680x1050 on 15" Pros) instead of a bigger form factor. The currently offered resolutions are a major reason why I currently hesitate to buy a new MacBook.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    iphone91iphone91 Posts: 98member
    Even better, how about a 13" MPB. Great to carry around, but more powerful in the graphics card department than the MB. How about $200 more and the high end MB?

Steve
  • Reply 15 of 22
    As far as I know, the 14" iBook was the worst selling Apple laptop since the launch of the Barbie Cosmetics Case iBook.

We don't want bigger. We want smaller. If we want bigger, we need to shell out the extra for the MacBook Pro. Period.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    15" MB, same resolution as 13" screen, 1,8 GHz processor, Intel GMAX1300, 120GB HD, SuperDrive, 2 GB RAM, $899.

That type of configuration are the best selling laptops out there. I don't see why Apple doesn't offer one. My parents find the letters on my laptop too small too read, hell, my dad even lowers the res on his 15 inch Vaio to 1024x768 just because he still thinks the letters are too small... He doesn't even bother trying the native 1280x800 for like a week but hey...``For the hunderdeds of millions of browse the web, read emails-consumers out there, that is the ideal laptop.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    joelsaltjoelsalt Posts: 827member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

As far as I know, the 14" iBook was the worst selling Apple laptop since the launch of the Barbie Cosmetics Case iBook.

We don't want bigger. We want smaller. If we want bigger, we need to shell out the extra for the MacBook Pro. Period.

hey! I got that one.

But, actually, I wish i had gotten the 12". My dad insisted on the 14", plus i got a DVD burner (which i barely use), but my young eyes would like the 12" (which had better luminosity and the same resolution as the 14", i think) and its better portability.

13.3 is just right for me. In fact, a 13.3 Inch Pro would definitely pique my interest.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    13" is too large.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    macaloymacaloy Posts: 104member
    Absolutely. I would like screens above 14+ inches for the MB as would several friends of mine with MB's who are very happy but wish their screens were bigger
  • Reply 20 of 22
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    I want a sexier and more affordable MacBook Pro.