Syncing Mail accounts, etc. with MobileMe

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have an Apple laptop and an Apple desktop. Both are running 10.5.4 and have the MobileMe 1.1 s/w update.

On the laptop, I've set up my Mail accounts, contacts, keychains, bookmarks, etc. as I want them.

I access MobileMe in System Preferences and indicate I want all data on MobileMe replaced by the data on my laptop.

As soon as the sync has completed, I access MobileMe in System Preferences on my Desktop and indicate I want all data on my desktop replaced by the data on MobileMe.

Unless I'm missing something, the laptop, MobileMe, and the desktop should all by in sync at this point.

Without touching either computer or accessing MobileMe, I'll get a message on my laptop and/or desktop within an hour telling me that more than 5% of my Mail accounts have changed and asking me what I want to do. If I look at the details of the change, the before and after views of the account are absolutely identical.

I've tried resetting the sync history via iSync but that doesn't help. I really don't want to alter the changed percentage that triggers the message because it could be useful for Contacts, etc.

Anybody know what causes this? This isn't new to MobileMe as the same thing happened under .Mac as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikep123 View Post

I have an Apple laptop and an Apple desktop. Both are running 10.5.4 and have the MobileMe 1.1 s/w update.

On the laptop, I've set up my Mail accounts, contacts, keychains, bookmarks, etc. as I want them.

I access MobileMe in System Preferences and indicate I want all data on MobileMe replaced by the data on my laptop.

As soon as the sync has completed, I access MobileMe in System Preferences on my Desktop and indicate I want all data on my desktop replaced by the data on MobileMe.

Unless I'm missing something, the laptop, MobileMe, and the desktop should all by in sync at this point.

Without touching either computer or accessing MobileMe, I'll get a message on my laptop and/or desktop within an hour telling me that more than 5% of my Mail accounts have changed and asking me what I want to do. If I look at the details of the change, the before and after views of the account are absolutely identical.

I've tried resetting the sync history via iSync but that doesn't help. I really don't want to alter the changed percentage that triggers the message because it could be useful for Contacts, etc.

Anybody know what causes this? This isn't new to MobileMe as the same thing happened under .Mac as well.

You're right. I'm having exactly the same trouble and also did under .Mac and also can't work out how to figure it out.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    I had a problem after installing MobileMe on my iMac. Finally decided to restart and that solved the problem. I also went to Mail Preferences and changed my email name from .mac to .me

Another problem I see is that Apple servers were overloaded when the iPhone went on sale. I figure a week at least before things are going full speed - maybe a bit longer if Apple is increasing their server hardware.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ha11mha11m Posts: 6member
    I've had this prob on .mac mobileme. I can get rid of it by backing everything up then deleting everything off all devices then syncing. When I'm sure there's nothing appears after a few syncs on all devices put the data onto one mac and let it filter on to all the devices. I get the occasional file that says it's different and I've noticed on ical it's often the time one will say ends at 11.59 the other at 12.30..same with the odd contact.. they look identical so I just choose the one on mobileme. It very rarely happens now. If i'm not sure what's going to happen on one of those 'more than 5%' syncs I just make a backup and merge all data. Not seen a problem yet.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ha11mha11m Posts: 6member
    that was supposed to be 11:59 and 12:00.. one minute out.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikep123 View Post

The Clock