Tip for Syncing iPhone Apps with iTunes

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Maybe this is a no-brainer - but maybe not.

I have seen several posts regarding the lack of purchased or downloaded Apps properly syncing with iTunes. I tried it on my own 3G and iTunes and it would not recognize the new Apps I had just purchased and installed via the iPhone.

However, if I went to iTunes and purchased there (or asked for a new download), it works. It shows up in the Apps portion of iTunes and successfully synced with the iPhone.

So, if I'm understanding this properly, you are better off to purchase the Apps through iTunes on your Mac, then syncing it over to your iPhone. Rather than purchasing on your iPhone and trying to sync back to iTunes.

If anyone has a better solution? Please share!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    It doesn't really matter which way you do it. In iTunes, go to File>Transfer Purchases from "iPhone" and it'll take care of that problem.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by admactanium View Post

It doesn't really matter which way you do it. In iTunes, go to File>Transfer Purchases from "iPhone" and it'll take care of that problem.

Thanks! Sort of seemed that there had to be a better way.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tbusertbuser Posts: 1member
    Quote:

I have a bunch of apps that I installed directly on the iphone, but never show up in itunes. It keeps asking me if I want to copy them and it never copies. I tried using the Transfer Purchases From... in itunes and it shows that it's copying and then suddenly stops and they never show up in the Applications list.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    crea78crea78 Posts: 13member
    My problem is, I CANNOT install ANY apps from the App Store onto my iPhone 3G. I always get a fail message telling me I need to sync the phone with iTunes before the I can use application. This truly sux and not sure if i should replace the phone for another "dud" [I get no bars at all in a 3G area] or wait it out.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Bless you!