WHITE APPLE OF DEATH!!! Need Help!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I was playing around with my iPhone when it froze up (16gig white iPhone). I restarted it & the

screen hangs up on the white Apple. When I plug it in to my laptop iTunes gives me the spinning

beach ball & when I check the Force Quit window it says that iTunes is unresponsive. When I

shutdown the iPhone by holding the Home button & the Sleep/Wake button the beach ball stops

spinning & I can use iTunes again.

I can't get my iPhone to mount in iTunes to restore it. I can't get the iPhone to the home screen so

I can't get to the settings page to "reset all settings."

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this or is my iPhone iBricked?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    I can't be the only one who has gotten this.

Anybody...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mello View Post

I can't be the only one who has gotten this.

Anybody...

Take it to an Apple Store and see what they say. I'm sure they will replace it if they need to (and when they get one!).
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Take it to an Apple Store and see what they say. I'm sure they will replace it if they need to (and when they get one!).

I tried at lunch. Very helpful but they receive new phones every other day & the earliest

appointment available was for tomorrow. Last year I had a problem with my first-gen iPhone &

they just swapped it for a new phone. I was in & out in 5 minutes. I was hoping for a similar result.

I was hoping someone might have any ideas to get around this because I really wanted to use it

tonight. My sister won tickets to the new Batman flick tonight & I wanted to use my iPhone to pass

the 1 1/2 hours of waiting before the movie. (She wants to get there early for good seats.)
  • Reply 4 of 9
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:

I tried at lunch. Very helpful but they receive new phones every other day & the earliest

appointment available was for tomorrow. Last year I had a problem with my first-gen iPhone &

they just swapped it for a new phone. I was in & out in 5 minutes. I was hoping for a similar result.

I was hoping someone might have any ideas to get around this because I really wanted to use it

tonight. My sister won tickets to the new Batman flick tonight & I wanted to use my iPhone to pass

the 1 1/2 hours of waiting before the movie. (She wants to get there early for good seats.)

Try this

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=367
  • Reply 5 of 9
    It's happened to me twice but the phone eventually got through that and to the normal home screen.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    sigs21sigs21 Posts: 82member
    Quote:

If you have not gotten it fixed yet..go to apple store they will give you a reconditioned one.. (there really new phones that are not in the fancy box they should have a few in the back .. think the stores got like 20 in each color..
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sigs21 View Post

If you have not gotten it fixed yet..go to apple store they will give you a reconditioned one.. (there really new phones that are not in the fancy box they should have a few in the back .. think the stores got like 20 in each color..

I had an appointment with a genius on Friday & he showed me how to get it to mount in iTunes to

restore it. On Saturday it happened to me 3 more times which is really irritating when you have to

restore & reload your stuff each time. I was at the Apple Store on Sunday for something else & the

genius mentioned that it could be a buggy application. He recommended that I try to narrow it

down by loading half the apps to see if it locks up again. If it doesn't lock up, then load the other

apps to see if the conflict is one of those.

If it's not that, then it may be the version 2.0 iPhone software. Hopefully an update will fix it. I

checked through iTunes & found 19 updates for the apps that I've already downloaded. Hopefully

the conflict was fixed when I downloaded those updates.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Use it with NO apps - then, add one at a time while removing the previous. Use each app a lot. See if you can duplicate the symptom and narrow it down to one app. Then let us and the developer know.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

Use it with NO apps - then, add one at a time while removing the previous. Use each app a lot. See if you can duplicate the symptom and narrow it down to one app. Then let us and the developer know.

It froze up twice when I clicked on the iPhone settings.

It didn't freeze up at all on Sunday which is a plus.