Should Apple purchase yahoo?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How many of you think that Apple should purchase Yahoo, and why.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BB Sting View Post

How many of you think that Apple should purchase Yahoo, and why.

Yahoo is a good deal if you want to get into that space, but I'm not sure Apple wants to get into that space. moreover, it doesn't appear that Yahoo wants to sell itself.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Apple doesn't have the cash. Besides, Apple prefers to partner with companies because, to quote Steve, "One company can't do it all".
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I hate Yahoo, I can't stomach looking at their website for more then 30 seconds. My company uses Yahoo as there mail, and I forward it to my gmail account. I honestly hate Yahoo lol google all the way
  • Reply 4 of 8
    iryeirye Posts: 8member
    I don't think Apple can afford it. It would be good if they could improve Yahoo's UI
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I don't think Apple can afford yahoo, if they can afford why not they buy it, if they buy yahoo, they can earn more.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I would like it, as I absolutely love Yahoo. Google is my sworn enemy.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Yahoo has basically become the red-headed stepchild that AOL used to be (after their disastrous merger with Time Warner). They are in too many diverse areas and they foolishly have forgotten about how to make money. They no longer act like an advertising company, which is what Google does right..

NO, Apple should not buy Yahoo.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Apple does not and will not ever advertise anything other than its own products or things designed to work on its products. Apple (for better or worse) maintain a sort of intellectual and moral self-righteousness. The kind of advertising deals that Google and Yahoo make are far more subversive than most of Apple's user base would stand for. Yahoo is much more of a Microsoft kind of company in that it will engage in almost any kind of behaviour for monetary gain, except that it is not doing very well at that even...