Apple issues quartet of iLife '08 updates

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday afternoon released four patches for its iLife '08 creative suite that touch on iMovie, iPhoto, iWeb, and the supporting infrastructure.

iLife Support 8.3

Apple's most universal of the new updates, iLife Support 8.3 (10MB) is said to improve the stability of the framework that underpins iLife '08 as well as address a handful of other, smaller issues.

This update, along with the others released on Tuesday, requires either Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11 or any version of Mac OS X Leopard, and also needs QuickTime 7.5.

iMovie 7.1.4

Apple's consumer video editor has been updated to version 7.1.4 (38MB).

The fix addresses unspecified compatibility problems as well as stability and other fixes.

iPhoto 7.1.4

The only update in the collection to add more than just fixes, iPhoto 7.1.4 (74MB) adds a new set of themes for both holiday greeting cards and postcards for those who use them with Apple's Kodak-supported printing service.

Compatibility, stability, and other fixes are described as part of the release.

iWeb 2.0.4

The final update of the collection, iWeb 2.0.4 (35MB) mends compatibility, stability, and other components of Apple's visually-driven web page creation tool.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    1st post w00t downloading now.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    cedriccedric Posts: 28member
    iWeb loads much faster

new features (I think they're new):

- buttons for Forward and Backward moving of objects

- mask/unmask

- rotate

- image adjust

Firefox compatibility problem with iWeb PhotoGalleries still persists (wasn't fixed)

Hard coded parts of the photo gallery (play/pause/forward/backward images which didn't display because of the transition from .mac to MobileMe) were fixed

MobileMe logo for the site and in the inspector
  • Reply 3 of 9
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    it wasn't long ago that 157 meg was a HUGE file size for an app, nevermind just "compatibility and stability updates" and holiday card themes.

why is software so bloated?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desarc View Post

it wasn't long ago that 157 meg was a HUGE file size for an app, nevermind just "compatibility and stability updates" and holiday card themes.

why is software so bloated?

I think most app updates from Apple are mostly drop-in replacements for the program, basically a fresh copy. I think a lot of it is taken in the .nib files for the many languages that Apple supports.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ...these updates are more stable than iTunes 7.7. That update has caused nothing but headaches for a TON of people.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I am pleased to see iWeb is fixed and now shows maps and a Google ads correctly again. Also a new feature in map with a zoomed location inset. Nice touch.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I am pleased to see iWeb is fixed and now shows maps and a Google ads correctly again. Also a new feature in map with a zoomed location inset. Nice touch.

iWeb is pretty phenomenal, if you just ignore the current MobileMe issues and Firefox3 web galleries...

http://web.mac.com/sr2008

Made that in iWeb, never thought I'd be able to do such a cross-browser compatible website so easy. Yeah, it's a real bandwidth hog, that website...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    iWeb Hint:

If you're tried of fonts not showing up on PC which looks great in iWeb, like headlines, particularly, just rotate it by 0.1 degrees -- still looks straight, and iWeb will convert it into a graphic (old skool technique) so it shows up properly on all browsers.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

iWeb Hint:

If you're tried of fonts not showing up on PC which looks great in iWeb, like headlines, particularly, just rotate it by 0.1 degrees -- still looks straight, and iWeb will convert it into a graphic (old skool technique) so it shows up properly on all browsers.

Or simply add a drop shadow and reduce to minimum if not really wanted.