iPhone to control mac?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I was wondering if it would be possible for the iPhone to operate as a wireless keyboard and trackpad for a mac.

They keyboard would be in it's current position, with the screen area above for trackpad and mouse buttons.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    You could try this.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    giving it a go now...

I'm planning to get a Mac Mini to sit under my tv as a media server, thus use my iPhone as the remote track pad and keyboard.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I installed the app but can't get it to work. I enabled port 5900 on my wireless router (Belkin) and set up VNC in system prefs but cannot connect.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    The best would be a paid app called remote buddy, but google's telekinesis is free and would work too.

Still, I don't think you're going to be satisfied with it. Better would just be AppleTV. Or even a bluetooth keyboard if you must go with the mini.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Thanks - Remote Buddy looks cool.

I want a mini for various reasons - one being a backup mac if my laptop ever goes down since I work from home.

And I wanted to avoid the bluetooth keyboard/mouse for expense and cluttering up my living room with peripherals I may only need from time to time.

Still would like to get that VNC working though...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    iphone91iphone91 Posts: 98member
    Does anyone know if using the VNC Lite is a secure thing to do? It seems like a really cool idea, but I would hate to compromise my Mac's security for the feature.

Steve