Record iPhone screen?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Anyone know if its possible to record video from your screen? Not record video from your camera, but record what you are doing on your iphone screen.

I have the Apple AV cables, but it seems like the only thing it can tv-out is the videos you have stored on the iPod, not apps, etc.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sirrus View Post

Anyone know if its possible to record video from your screen? Not record video from your camera, but record what you are doing on your iphone screen.

I have the Apple AV cables, but it seems like the only thing it can tv-out is the videos you have stored on the iPod, not apps, etc.

Any ideas?

I don't know about recording, but it shouId be able to output its entire screen. I expect it has to be built in, if not accessible. It is what Jobs uses during the keynote to show the UI and apps.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Well, if you have the SDK you can use the included iPhone app & something like Snapz Pro to record.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy View Post

Well, if you have the SDK you can use the included iPhone app & something like Snapz Pro to record.

Is it possible to install a IPSW build into the iPhone simulator? Or at least the Mail app and its settings?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sirrus View Post

Any ideas?

Taking screenshots is built into the 2.0
  • Reply 5 of 6
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

Taking screenshots is built into the 2.0

We are looking for video, not photos.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    If you happen to have an HD camera you can have decent quality video if you do it right.

http://hrissan.livejournal.com/1148.html