Multiple Monitors on iMac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Okay, real quick question. I was looking at getting the 24" Imac, however when I was at best buy this morning, I noticed there were no monitor connections to the iMac. I currently have a pc with 2 monitors. Is there any way I could connect the 2 monitors through USB connections to the imac? Does iMac even support extra monitors?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paytongannaway View Post

Okay, real quick question. I was looking at getting the 24" Imac, however when I was at best buy this morning, I noticed there were no monitor connections to the iMac. I currently have a pc with 2 monitors. Is there any way I could connect the 2 monitors through USB connections to the imac? Does iMac even support extra monitors?

If you visit Apple's website you'll see it supports multiple monitors
  • Reply 2 of 6
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:

The iMac has a DVI port.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:

To be more specific in a reply, it's very easy to do. Just get a minidvi to dvi adapter at any Apple Store or online. Your 2nd monitor must have a dvi port and cable for this to work.

If your second monitor doesn't support dvi, then just get a minidvi to vga adapter, also at any Apple Store or online.

It's very easy to do.

Once you have it running, you will wonder how you got by without it in the past. I'm sitting in a hotel room right now playing poker online and browsing the web. I really wish that I had a second monitor with me, to plug into my MacBook!

Hey, also, I'm not sure if you should be connecting them while the iMac and/or second monitor is running. Turn them off just to be sure.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Wouldn't it be cool if Apple would offer a MB and MBP that had two monitors built right in?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    debenmdebenm Posts: 99member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

Wouldn't it be cool if Apple would offer a MB and MBP that had two monitors built right in?

ummmm.... what?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by debenm View Post

ummmm.... what?

the lid could open up to two fold-out monitors.