Apple introduces .... how?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hello.

I know, I know. Another MacBook thread, but ...

I just was wondering, when Apple introduces a new design (in this case the MB), haven't they held special events for the media in the past, when they didn't used one of their conferences?

I remember this to be the case when the 2007 iMac was introduced, invitations to the press where released some weeks prior to this.

So shouldn't or couldn't that be an indicator, when and if, a newly designed MacBook is coming out?

Has anyone thoughts on this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    paprochypaprochy Posts: 129member
    yes, I also thought about this. If there is going to be a re design, then there has to be some kind of event. Since there isn't any normal yearly apple event anytime soon, there should be invitations to a special event sent out. Seeing how there's nothing on the radar, we probably wont see new notebooks too soon.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    kd86kd86 Posts: 42member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spinnerlys View Post

Hello.

I know, I know. Another MacBook thread, but ...

I just was wondering, when Apple introduces a new design (in this case the MB), haven't they held special events for the media in the past, when they didn't used one of their conferences?

I remember this to be the case when the 2007 iMac was introduced, invitations to the press where released some weeks prior to this.

So shouldn't or couldn't that be an indicator, when and if, a newly designed MacBook is coming out?

Has anyone thoughts on this?

Not necessarily. If you remember, back in 2006 when the original MacBooks came out (the redesigned, Intel version of the iBook) there was no event, just a press release.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Really? Wow, that's surprising. It just seems like there is always a special event for new, redesigned products.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paprochy View Post

Really? Wow, that's surprising. It just seems like there is always a special event for new, redesigned products.

There is usually events for the big stuff, or the new stuff, eg. iphone, macbook air etc...., but for redesigns or updates there arent necessarily events...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    well, the macbook was technically a new product. It replaced the ibook, but still. Just seemed odd. But anyway, it still looks like we have about 6-8 weeks until any notebook refreshes, so we will see.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    iphone91iphone91 Posts: 98member
    Last year, for the iPod event on Sept. 5, 2007, the invitations were received by the press 8 days before the special event was to be held. By this timing, the invitations might not go out for the new MacBooks/MacBook Pros event until the 2nd to last week of September, depending on when Apple holds the press event. Hopefully the event will be sooner, but who knows.

Steve
  • Reply 7 of 7
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    They are waiting till Steve gains some weight.