Contacts no longer appearing

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Suddenly my iPhone has lost touch with all my contacts. I can go to Contacts list and see all the names, but attempting to open any of them results in an empty screen except their name. The phone app just show numbers where it had names.

I've restarted, reset and restored to factory settings but nothing's helped.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasonfj View Post

Suddenly my iPhone has lost touch with all my contacts. I can go to Contacts list and see all the names, but attempting to open any of them results in an empty screen except their name. The phone app just show numbers where it had names.

I've restarted, reset and restored to factory settings but nothing's helped.

I guess I would try wiping it and then reloading
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    I've already restored it to factory settings, what else can I try?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Turn off contacts within Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Choose account up top > Slide Contacts to Off

This should allow you to sync your contacts through iTunes the good old fashioned way until all Mobile Me hiccups have gone away. Within the Info tab in iTunes when your iPhone is connected select checkbox Sync Address Book Contacts. This should sort you out for a week or two.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    that worked, thanks.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    same thing happened to me yesterday around 730 est. I went home to see if the mobileme site lost my data, but that was all ok. I then checked my iPod touch and found all the contacts were unaffected. I then tried to add an delete some contacts tower if that would work, but it didn't restore all my contact info. I then turned off all the syncing fucntions and sync with contacts with my mac. Then I turned on the sync fxn with mobile me and everything was ok. Weird, can't explain why my 3g and not my iPod touch
  • Reply 6 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by acumarino

Weird, can't explain why my 3g and not my iPod touch

Software.

To be clear; this is a real pain in the ass when it happens. Personal experience. I'm glad to see my Mobile Me syncing is working fine now, contacts.. the lot.

A phone without contacts is like golf without golf balls.