MacBook Warranty Exchange?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A friend of mine was telling me how Dell's warranty allows you to basically get a new computer every couple of months. You basically call them, tell them it's freezing, they make you send it in or someone comes over to look at it...even though nothing is really wrong with the computer, the company will "fix" it... you say there is still a problem and they send you a new computer and you send them your outdated laptop/desktop.

Since my MacBook is coming on two years old running Mac OS X 10.4.11 with a 1.83 GHz Core Duo with 2GB RAM, it's a bit old and is covered under AppleCare. What I would like to know is what does it take for Apple to hand you a new computer? My computer seems to work fine even though it craps out from time to time and requires me to remove the battery to restart it...it works great...I do have a crack from regular use on the plastic where your right wrist rests and regular wear and tear on the outside casing. What can I tell Apple for a replacement MacBook with the latest hardware or at least what are your success stories with using AppleCare??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    You're asking people to help you commit fraud?

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you some kind of teenager?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kacekace Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

You're asking people to help you commit fraud?

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you some kind of teenager?

I'm not a teenager, but this is fairly common practice...I know how it's done with PC's and I'm asking what it takes for Apple to replace your computer, doesn't mean I'm going to go and do it...what are you getting all up in arms for...you a stockholder? lol
  • Reply 3 of 5
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kace View Post

I'm not a teenager, but this is fairly common practice...I know how it's done with PC's and I'm asking what it takes for Apple to replace your computer, doesn't mean I'm going to go and do it...what are you getting all up in arms for...you a stockholder? lol

You are nothing but a cheat. Banks are commonly robbed too, but to ask someone on a public forum for help to do that shows your sociopathic tendencies.

Apple is not going to replace your computer, they will service the one you have.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kace View Post

...I do have a crack from regular use on the plastic where your right wrist rests...

Your possibly fraudulent ideas notwithstanding, this particular issue above is actually quite common and could be considered a manufacturing problem. Off to the Apple Store to discuss with a Genius. ...Don't cheat, just be straightforward... karma... ya know... (Yeah, zinfella don't believe in it)... That's cool.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Your possibly fraudulent ideas notwithstanding, this particular issue above is actually quite common and could be considered a manufacturing problem. Off to the Apple Store to discuss with a Genius. ...Don't cheat, just be straightforward... karma... ya know... (Yeah, zinfella don't believe in it)... That's cool.

So, after he admits dropping the laptop, you encourage him to lie about it. Liberals are all the same, they support a double standard, one for them, and one for everyone else. I'll wager that Apple would take a dim view of your advice, should they become aware of it. Oh wait, they do read these forums.

Other than that, and your lack of professional ethics, have a nice day.