Montevina MBP MB Speculation Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 189
    paprochypaprochy Posts: 129member
    Yeah I'm still waiting for the superconductor-electromagnetic cooler flumbo jumbo, so that the nexp MBP will be .01 inches thin and run at Mac Pro speeds.

Come on Apple get your act together!
  • Reply 182 of 189
    paprochypaprochy Posts: 129member
    Oh, and I also want 24 hour battery life.
  • Reply 183 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nano2Gfteo View Post

What is wrong with a wedged shape ?. It is clear that unless they come up with some form of advanced cooling, making things any thinner is going to compromise both performance and battery life. Air cooling is so so low tech, people.

Yeah, and air cooling doesn't leak all over the place as soon as the warranty expires. Something I'm sure a lot of Powermac G5 owners have thought about in the last few years.
  • Reply 184 of 189
    I should add to something said earlier in this thread, that the 9600M GT is not exactly a die shrink of the 8700M GT or 8600M GT (although they share all the important specs).

The 9600M GT supposedly shares the same G96 GPU with the desktop 9500GT card. It's sort of like 25% of a G92 GPU. The 9700M GT also uses G96, it's just higher clocked.

One interesting thing to note is that G96 is set for a die shrink to 55nm very soon.
  • Reply 185 of 189
    macaloymacaloy Posts: 104member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaple View Post

Hopefully it's coming August 5th...or 12th...

Soon, dammit! I am buying a new laptop in the next month or so and am hoping I can get a new update one but if they keep pushing it back, I will just get the last of the older ones
  • Reply 186 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

Yeah, and air cooling doesn't leak all over the place as soon as the warranty expires. Something I'm sure a lot of Powermac G5 owners have thought about in the last few years.

I'm not sure why Apple would pick the 65nm 9600M GT over the 55nm, 29 watt 9650M GS which is a noticeable amount faster.
  • Reply 187 of 189
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

I think you are pretty close there. I would not be surprised if the CPU clock rate is a little lower for the cheaper MBP and battery life will not likely go past 6 hours.

Also, they will hopefully include a CUDA-ready (or whatever apple equivalent will be called) NVIDIA video card.

I was right...

1. The new laptops are coming in September. I said this at MacRumors and they flamed me to a crisp saying I was deluded. Now there you have it. MacRumors suck too.

2. They may be coming with a CUDA ready or OpenCL ready MB like I said. I was hoping but not expecting this seeing that snow leopard is not due till next year.
  • Reply 188 of 189
    (predicted) macbook specs

1. Enclosure to be made of aluminum

2. 2.3GHz and 2.6GHz procesor speeds

3. 2GB RAM standard on all models

4. all modles 14" LED backlit dispaly

5. white models will have white keys, premium black model will have black keys.

(still same scrable tile shape!)

6. shipping with apple remote (made of aluminum)

7. intel x4500 intergrated grafics

8. 800MHz FSB

9. 3 x USB

10. 1 x FW 400

11. mini DVI (adapter included. Mini DVI to VGA)

12. Magsafe

13. backlit apple logo!

14. magnetic latch

15. NO blu ray or hd dvd

16. smaller box!

look at

http://www.apple.com/environment/

apple themself say that the will stop using palstic in products and will use led displays!

tell me if you think im incorrect (in a nice way!) or if you think i have missed any thing !

Thanks
  • Reply 189 of 189
    bjnybjny Posts: 191member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BJNY View Post

I'm hoping for the 17.1" panel from LG

Model LG171WU5 1920x1200

8-bit instead of 6-bit

16.7 million colors instead of 256K

RGB LED instead of white LED

http://www.electronista.com/articles...klit.17in.lcd/

LG Display on Thursday said it has started mass-producing the world's first notebook displays to be truly color-accurate. Using an RGB LED backlight versus the one-color backlights of other notebook displays, the 17.1-inch, 1920x1200 LCD pushes its color reproduction up to 105 percent, or about 40 percent more than a typical notebook display with a fluorescent backlight at the same size. The breakthrough should give AV professionals a display they can use for image editing and gamers a more vivid image, LG says........