The iPhone 3G uses Toshiba memory..does that hint at future products?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Do you all remember the recent big order for Samsung flash memory that Apple ordered?

It was for like 50 million units which would translate into a couple million Apple branded products of some sort...I mean right?

A lot of people assumed they were going into the iphone 3G but that turned out not to be the case. After a tear down of the iPhone 3G by various tech sites it was discovered that the iPhone 3G in fact uses Toshiba branded flash memory.

So the question is now....what products are all those Samsung memory chips going into? New iPods? The iTab?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zanlong View Post

Welcome to view our website

We provide the tunnel the product, the preferential benefit price and the warm service.

We hope to get a good long business time with all customers all over the world.

China Grand Shoes Company is a limited footwear enterprise company which combine footwear trade with footwear manufature. We have the better despend ,strongpoint and quality than the other manufacturers, we also brought the best production equipments, technologies, and professionals from abroad.

We produce over 800,000 shoes per year .

We also can offer kinds of athletic shoes, recreational shoes, stogy, mainly Nike,

adidas, timberland, gucci,prada, Luie Vuitton, puma shoes, Nike Jordan series, Airmax and Shox that let you choose and see.thenFor example:

nike air max 95, airmax 97,

airmax 2006,

shox TL,

shox R4,

Shox NZ,

Air force one(AF1),

Dunk, Kobe,James and so on.If you want to know further information , Please contact to us.I look forward to hearing from you,good luck!

This guy did the same post in another thread. Moderator can you please get rid of this guy and any of his friends?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

This guy did the same post in another thread. Moderator can you please get rid of this guy and any of his friends?

Just report it as spam.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

So the question is now....what products are all those Samsung memory chips going into? New iPods? iTab?

A good question that has been mentioned in other forums. The straight foreward answer would be that all of the iPod will be reved soon, this more or less doubling Apples flash usage right of the bat.

The other likely hood is a new device which I think of as a video optimised iPod/Newton hybrid. Being optimized for video this (Newton2) new device would use lots of flash. I can also see Apple offering up new laptops with SSD as a supplement to the main disk. Either of these could be considered transitions.

Dave
  • Reply 4 of 5
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

A good question that has been mentioned in other forums. The straight foreward answer would be that all of the iPod will be reved soon, this more or less doubling Apples flash usage right of the bat.

The other likely hood is a new device which I think of as a video optimised iPod/Newton hybrid. Being optimized for video this (Newton2) new device would use lots of flash. I can also see Apple offering up new laptops with SSD as a supplement to the main disk. Either of these could be considered transitions.

Dave

Finally....someone with some smartz!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zanlong View Post

Welcome to view our website

We provide the tunnel the product, the preferential benefit price and the warm service.

We hope to get a good long business time with all customers all over the world.

China Grand Shoes Company is a limited footwear enterprise company which combine footwear trade with footwear manufature. We have the better despend ,strongpoint and quality than the other manufacturers, we also brought the best production equipments, technologies, and professionals from abroad.

We produce over 800,000 shoes per year .

We also can offer kinds of athletic shoes, recreational shoes, stogy, mainly Nike,

adidas, timberland, gucci,prada, Luie Vuitton, puma shoes, Nike Jordan series, Airmax and Shox that let you choose and see.thenFor example:

nike air max 95, airmax 97,

airmax 2006,

shox TL,

shox R4,

Shox NZ,

Air force one(AF1),

Dunk, Kobe,James and so on.If you want to know further information , Please contact to us.I look forward to hearing from you,good luck!

Cool. Go fuck yourself.