Random Odd Facts of the Day

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Share something random and odd you've come across today or recently!

I'll go first.

My country of origin, Sicily, was an Emirate for over 100 years.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Boletus Edulis -- the "King Bolete" is actually the Porcini mushroom. Easily identified and very tasty.

• Reply 2 of 14
    I'll be making $6.55/hour starting Monday.

Thanks Arnold!
  • Reply 3 of 14
    The photocopier was invented by a woman.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    There are men who actually have sex with dolphins.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    And with Shawn...
  • Reply 7 of 14
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    The speculum was invented in Paris as a means of applying caustic ointments (mercury!) to the VD sores of Parisian prostitutes.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    midwinter's prosaic and verse obsession is and has always been prostitution. this comes in no small part from the well accepted and fully documented fact that midwinter was born not to one, not two, but three whores in the redlight district of a sleepy southern town. this modern medical miracle, if you can withstand that much alliteration, would have made him an instantaneous international icon of the late twentieth century sexual revolution and modern science, of course, if it weren't for Nixon eating that Vietnamese eight-month-old on live TV on midwinter's brithday. his intellectual raison d'etre being so defined from birth makes his inexhaustible pursuit of all things ladies of the night more noble than first blush would indicate.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    It was only technically three. Two were conjoined twins, so it's sort of a crap shoot how you count them.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    oh stop being so modest. don't forget that your Siamese mothers were the first reported case of fraternal conjoined twins -- your birth is a profound testament to how screwed up nature can be.

• Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

oh stop being so modest. don't forget that your Siamese mothers were the first reported case of fraternal conjoined twins -- your birth is a profound testament to how screwed up nature can be.

Siamese? SIAMESE?
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Wait, does that mean that Mary could have very well given birth to Jesus as a virgin?
  • Reply 13 of 14
    um, in Storyland, sure.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thehellgate911 View Post

Wait, does that mean that Mary could have very well given birth to Jesus as a virgin?

So gods saviour for mankind is to send his sun through the immaculate conception of the siamese twin crack whore that is also known as Midwinters mom.

Nice, I like it - beats the official story