UBS starts Apple coverage with claims of ultraportable Mac delay

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    mknoppmknopp Posts: 257member
    I am still holding out hope that one of those new products will be a revitalization of the Mac Mini line. Something to compete a little better with the new breed of low price desktops cropping up all over the place now.

Of all the Mac products the MacBook and the Mac Mini are the two least competitive products, when viewed next to their comparably equiped PC opponents. (I.E. they have the highest Mac tax) Thus, I really hope that part of the lower margin speech is related to newly designed MacBooks and Mac Minis with lower price points.

I know that Apple has stayed in the "premium" market before, but the "umbrella" spoken of in the q&a session to me relates to the recent burst of low price laptops and desktops coming out from every corner of the computer world. This is not just second and third tier manufacturers anymore. This is the way the first tier computer manufacturers are moving, which are Apple's competitors.

It is the way of the computer markets future and I would like to see Apple on the leading edge of that, not playing catchup a few years from now.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    ok I was at woodstock but i got tired of the bong 20 years ago i work on a mac all day doing color correction and advertising with my other hand i'm designing jewelry in a really complex Cad program (rhino) when they have a problem the tech guy at the apple store calls ME for help and my job is well paid and really secure because the company is afraid to hire some snot right out of school who spent 4 years with a teacher showing him where the tools were and having no clue as to when to use them.

you thinking i'm off point for not simply calling this guy names shows me a lot about your lack of ability to use analogy to learn something about the cause of a problem (poor critical thinking ) i think you need to spend some time reading an actual book try the dialogs of plato for a start and see if you can follow the arguments (hint: they are often talking about other situations that illustrate the real point, its a trick to make you think… shhhhh!!!)
  • Reply 23 of 27
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

Analyst Maynard Um echoes analyst reports and leaks that anticipate new Macs (including a revamped MacBook line) and iPods in the second half of 2008 but cites industry checks which point to a "sub-notebook" originally intended for this year but which has allegedly been pushed back to a launch for the first half of 2009.

I agree. If they mean the "tablet" when they say sub-notebook that is. Cause we all know the Air is the only sub-notebook Apple are coming out with.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by taojones View Post

ok I was at woodstock but i got tired of the bong 20 years ago i work on a mac all day doing color correction and advertising with my other hand i'm designing jewelry in a really complex Cad program (rhino) when they have a problem the tech guy at the apple store calls ME for help and my job is well paid and really secure because the company is afraid to hire some snot right out of school who spent 4 years with a teacher showing him where the tools were and having no clue as to when to use them.

you thinking i'm off point for not simply calling this guy names shows me a lot about your lack of ability to use analogy to learn something about the cause of a problem (poor critical thinking ) i think you need to spend some time reading an actual book try the dialogs of plato for a start and see if you can follow the arguments (hint: they are often talking about other situations that illustrate the real point, its a trick to make you think? shhhhh!!!)

Are you sure you got off bong 20 years ago.........?
  • Reply 25 of 27
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by taojones View Post

you thinking i'm off point for not simply calling this guy names shows me a lot about your lack of ability to use analogy to learn something about the cause of a problem (poor critical thinking ) i think you need to spend some time reading an actual book try the dialogs of plato for a start and see if you can follow the arguments (hint: they are often talking about other situations that illustrate the real point, its a trick to make you think? shhhhh!!!)

What happened to your period key?
  • Reply 26 of 27
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Well I for one hope he is wrong about the point he made about Apple not being able to debut the mystery ultraportable this year. But, *sigh* somehow I see Apple letting it slip till macworld 09.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Originally Posted by taojones

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

What happened to your period key?

taojones: "What period key?"