College Football 2008

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
SI Pre-Season Poll out.

Georgia, Ohio State, USC, Missouri, Florida, Oklahoma, Auburn, Texas Tech, LSU, Wisconsin round out the top 10. I'm surprised that Penn State isn't even ranked. ESPN predicted them to go #2 in the Big Ten, and they have virtually everyone back on an already top defense. The quarterback situation with Clark and Devlin probably didn't help things.

I don't have class on Fridays this semester so I can make it up to more games/crazy weekends.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

SI Pre-Season Poll out.

Georgia, Ohio State, USC, Missouri, Florida, Oklahoma, Auburn, Texas Tech, LSU, Wisconsin round out the top 10. I'm surprised that Penn State isn't even ranked. ESPN predicted them to go #2 in the Big Ten, and they have virtually everyone back on an already top defense. The quarterback situation with Clark and Devlin probably didn't help things.

I don't have class on Fridays this semester so I can make it up to more games/crazy weekends.

Of course they're not ranked. Penn State always gets screwed by the press (and the refs). Have you learned nothing?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Well, for whatever reason they only wrote capsules about the top 20 instead of the traditional top 25. Penn State is, however, ranked 22 by SI which is the same as the preseason coaches poll

Go Spartans!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    We all know this year's national championship will be played on September 13th.

There ain't a chance in hell we lose that game either...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Of course they're not ranked. Penn State always gets screwed by the press (and the refs). Have you learned nothing?

I'll be going to the first game fo sho.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Why do I have this feeling the BCS championship game this season will be Ohio State versus the SEC Championhip winner again?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SactoMan01 View Post

Why do I have this feeling the BCS championship game this season will be Ohio State versus the SEC Championhip winner again?

While an SEC team will likely be in the BCS title game, I doubt it will be again OSU. Don't be surprised if a Big 12 team plays in the national title game.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Penn State's Beaver Stadium officially the largest capacity stadium in North America at 107,282.

(The Big House held the record until this year's renovations. Michigan had to reduce seats to comply with the ADA (yeah, after 17 years of non-compliance a lawsuit finally forced the university to make room for its disabled fans).

Interestingly, no race-use stadiums are included in that list (like Indianapolis Motor Speedway). Not sure why.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Performa636CD View Post

While an SEC team will likely be in the BCS title game, I doubt it will be again OSU. Don't be surprised if a Big 12 team plays in the national title game.

The Big 12?

Are those 4 year schools now?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    So I hate how the CW now is that the Big 12 and the SEC deserve to play each other in the National Championship game-- no matter what. That even if Penn State goes unbeaten (which is kind of hard to do anyway with Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio State back to back to back), they don't deserve a shot. That's bullshit. Don't make us pay for Ohio State's back to back chokes in the national championship game.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    You've been drinking, haven't you?