Silent switch

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi,

my silent switch needs some pressure to switch on/off.

my friends one goes very easy.

What about urs...what is normal?

Are there differences?

Thanks

ohsoj21

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    When buy phone?

How much pressua?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Bought phone last week

I would say 1 finger is enough but it's not what I would call : easy
  • Reply 3 of 9
    You don't want it to be TOO easy ! ... I'd hate to be turning the ringer off without knowing it!

Mine takes a bit of pressure and there's a definite "click" you can feel when it switches. (v1 phone)
  • Reply 4 of 9
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Think of it this way... your friends is broken and yours works perfectly!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

Think of it this way... your friends is broken and yours works perfectly!

I wouldn't say that. You didn't use it, you're just guessing.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    The harder the better. I found my 3G is easier to switch to silent than my older 2G. Thats a problem. I purposely put it on vibrate when I go to work and it takes itself out of silent mode and somebody calls and my crotch starts ringing some 2 Live Crew~ Me so horny.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    grahamwgrahamw Posts: 575member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

The harder the better. I found my 3G is easier to switch to silent than my older 2G. Thats a problem. I purposely put it on vibrate when I go to work and it takes itself out of silent mode and somebody calls and my crotch starts ringing some 2 Live Crew~ Me so horny.

We need to have a chat about where you stow your iPhone.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I have noticed that there is a difference between my iPhone 3G 16GB and my friends 3G 8GB. Mine seems to need a lot more pressure to turn off as well. Do you think the models differ in that way?? Just a thought.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JSUDaniel View Post

I have noticed that there is a difference between my iPhone 3G 16GB and my friends 3G 8GB. Mine seems to need a lot more pressure to turn off as well. Do you think the models differ in that way?? Just a thought.

No, it's simply bad quality control.

Well to be fair that type of thing is extremely difficult to do consistently. Seeing as they want a 'certain' amount of resistance to prevent accidental "switching".