Inside MobileMe: Mac and PC cloud sync and mobile push

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fstop View Post

Apple seems to have made a major improvement to syncing with Mobile Me over the weekend. iCal appears to sync 10X faster now.

Glad it is working better for you I have loaded all the latest software on MacBook Pro and iTouch. Been trying since MM launch to get the sync via the "cloud". Mail has always worked on .yahoo and .mac and now on .me, however the only way to get contacts and calendar is directly from iTunes syncing. Have tried push, fetch, manual, 15 mins, rebooted everything more than once, etc. Desktop to .me (and backwards) changes appear in calendar and contacts, but never over the push/fetch on the iTouch. Frustrating.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    I was unsure about the changes and I think that because I waited a while to get everything right I am reaping the benefits of a more polished experiences. I love it that my two Mac's, iPhone and my Motorola K1 sync with the same data. And that for my iPhone my data is pushed to it. I am sure there is a delay in receiving data on the iPhone but I have not noticed. The only gripe I have is that I can not sync my notes through notes and have to have fake notes in my address book. It is frustrating.

If notes synced through MobileMe onto my iPhone then all would be well. It seems strange they don't.

The other gripe is a handset one. Why can I not not use Bluetooth to send my contact details from my iPhone to another person.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    I can't sync into MobileMe behind a proxy server at my work (large accounting firm).

Don't know why Apple can't use the proxy server settings same as iTunes etc.

Plenty of noise on this topic over at the Apple forums.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hamishb View Post

I can't sync into MobileMe behind a proxy server at my work (large accounting firm).

Don't know why Apple can't use the proxy server settings same as iTunes etc.

Plenty of noise on this topic over at the Apple forums.

Maybe that is the problem I am having with calendar and contacts ~ as I am behind a proxy server ~ funny my e-mail works (pushes/fetches) perfectly behind the proxy.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by longkc View Post

Maybe that is the problem I am having with calendar and contacts ~ as I am behind a proxy server ~ funny my e-mail works (pushes/fetches) perfectly behind the proxy.

I am behind a proxy too, HTTP and HTTPS. MobileMe is secure, so if you don't have a HTTPS proxy, I doubt sync would work.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    shokkshokk Posts: 12member
    Yahoo or Apple need to enable syncing with Yahoo contacts. I'm really surprised at Yahoo's lack of anything with regard to iPhone apps. They need to step up to the plate to provide some Yahoo Go type of app.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shokk View Post

Yahoo or Apple need to enable syncing with Yahoo contacts. I'm really surprised at Yahoo's lack of anything with regard to iPhone apps. They need to step up to the plate to provide some Yahoo Go type of app.

You can sync your Yahoo contacts but you need to enable it in Address Book preferences.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    One more great utility for synchronizing Mac and PC is SyncMate.

SyncMate allows syncing contacts, iCal, different folders with files, Stickies, ToDo's, bookmarks or notes (entourage and Mail notes) directly between your Mac and PC. No need to store data online and sync it after to your Mac or PC - just connect two computers and start the synchronization!

Details about SyncMate can be found here http://www.sync-mac.com/syncmate-features.html