Apple's product "transition" is that TV I was talking about!

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 146
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Slick looking TV, but like OLED, laser would probably be too pricey for quite some time to come.
  • Reply 142 of 146
    marzetta7marzetta7 Posts: 1,323member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Slick looking TV, but like OLED, laser would probably be too pricey for quite some time to come.

Not really. They are coming out this September and supposedly will be comparitively priced with LCD and Plasmas of the same size. We'll see for sure here in another month.
  • Reply 143 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marzetta7 View Post

Not really. They are coming out this September and supposedly will be comparitively priced with LCD and Plasmas of the same size. We'll see for sure here in another month.

Would be noice.
  • Reply 144 of 146
    mark wmark w Posts: 13member
    I registered just to post in this thread

To everyone saying that there is no way this will happen:

You can never be sure with Apple, that is what we love about them. A few weeks ago I was reading a thread (it might have been on this forum, actually) which was made just after Apple announced the first iPod. The thread was filled with people mad at Apple, saying this was a bad move, etc. Apple had shown no interest in the music market before - and everyone was flabbergasted that Apple was making such a horrific mistake. And now - what is the number 1 MP3/4 player out there?

Apple has recently shown a little bit of interest in the TV market - well, it's been building up for some time - they first started selling TV Shows through iTunes, then movies, then released TV - it wouldn't surprise me if they did release a TV at all.

And those ACDs haven't had a refresh in some time... maybe they've been holding off for that very reason.

On the other hand, I can understand everyone's skepticism, as has been pointed out to Ireland who insists that the thing that will make an  television so great is the software/interface: TVs don't really have interfaces. The guide is provided by the network provider. That said - Apple is a company that innovates. It's also a company that has partnerships (again, referencing to the TV shows in iTunes) with TV networks in many countries - who knows what they'll come up with.

The bottom line is, you guys can debate until the cows come home - none of us know what will come out of Steve's mouth when he gets up on that stage in January - but what we can be sure of is, whatever it is, it will blow us away
  • Reply 145 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mark W

The bottom line is, you guys can debate until the cows come home - none of us know what will come out of Steve's mouth when he gets up on that stage in January - but what we can be sure of is, whatever it is, it will blow us away

I wouldn't be certain about that either.
  • Reply 146 of 146
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    It does make some sense... Apple placed a computer with a real OS inside a mobile phone, they could do the same for television.

A box like Apple TV seems to be subconsciously labeled as just another box, whereas a computerized TV is an amazing new paradigm (psychologically).

As long as they offer a 50" with Rolovision, I'm there!