Which iPhone App would you like to upgrade?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
If there was one app that you would like to upgrade, which app would it be and what would you add:

My choice would be the Google Maps App. I recently had to drive out of town for a wedding & I

kept losing my 3g & sometimes my 2g. What I'd like to do is cache the satellite data on my iPhone

prior to my trip with my wifi connection & store the detailed satellite photos & map data of the

route which I could delete after my trip. This would definitely improve the battery life since I could

turn off the 3G & just use the GPS. Turn-by-turn directions would be a plus as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    mark wmark w Posts: 13member
    Text.

I'd like to see:

- The ability to forward texts

- MMS support

- An option of a different interface to the speech bubbles
  • Reply 2 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    iPod + iTunes app

When a song is playing (either app), and the song title is too wide for the display, I want the name to scroll by so I can read the full title. This is a must. I have several jazz albums where it's impossible to know what song it playing, as the artist is written before the song title (they were bought this way). Older iPod's song title's scroll, these should too.

I want to be able to sync audio podcasts, and subscribe to new ones over WiFi right onto the device. Without ever docking it. So the addition of a podcast Wifi store, and over the air syncing for audio is a must.

YouTube app

I want to be able to read comments and make them within the YouTube app. And I want be able to rate videos too.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    Calendar app. I really want Apple to include some kind of to-do function in the calendar. None of the to-do lists in the app store get the job done.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    The AIM app. I'd add landscape mode functionality and the ability to transfer photos.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Zeptopad

I want to see a version of it on m Mac, so that I can create new files on my Phone, then edit and use them once home.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    I already have the 3G, but for me to upgrade to the next version would require the following (not just software apps):
    • iChat

• iChat Video

• Built in turn by turn nav

• Longer battery life. This should have actually been #1 in my list

• Built in tethering

• Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by imacFP View Post

Calendar app. I really want Apple to include some kind of to-do function in the calendar. None of the to-do lists in the app store get the job done.

Just ad an event, and when done delete it!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Guys I believe mello was meaning just Apple apps, I could be wrong though.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Guys I believe mello was meaning just Apple apps, I could be wrong though.

Any app is fine. I did think of another one though. In the Youtube App, I wish they would add other

options in the search. When you go to Youtube.com you can change the parameters to, "Relevance",

"Date Added", "Today", "This Week", & etc.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    hujibhujib Posts: 117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mello View Post

I recently had to drive out of town for a wedding & I

kept losing my 3g & sometimes my 2g. What I'd like to do is cache the satellite data on my iPhone

prior to my trip with my wifi connection & store the detailed satellite photos & map data of the

route which I could delete after my trip. This would definitely improve the battery life since I could

turn off the 3G & just use the GPS. Turn-by-turn directions would be a plus as well.

During the first week with my 3G I was out of network range and discovered that if you plot a trip prior to loosing the mobile network you'll still see the purple plotted route (on a black background) and the live GPS locator dot. It saved my ass on the back roads but I'd like to see full downloadable maps along side the live Google ones. I can't see them cacheing info from Google - although I wouldn't' complain. It's more likely we'll see a 3rd party navigation app that uses static map data downloaded with the app.