Bigfoot. Again.

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Some claim to have found him in the southern state of Georgia, USA.

http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/

Also:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cnet/2008081...m6KMezHYis0NUE

The site is unstable due to heavy traffic...

Big feet?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Some claim to have found him in the southern state of Georgia, USA.

http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/

Also:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cnet/2008081...m6KMezHYis0NUE

The site is unstable due to heavy traffic...

Big feet?

Yes...they found Big Foot but...won't let anyone but other nutjobs see it.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
    Here's is Bigfoot's Press Release...really!

UPDATE: The whole thing seems to be coming down as a hoax...check this out.

Coming from (of all people) a Bigfoot discussion forum.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Yea 'cause you know in the 1000s of years the native americans were in that area and the 100s of years that the Europeans in that area Bigfoot managed to avoid detection.

But now he's been found.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
  • Reply 5 of 17
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

Yea 'cause you know in the 1000s of years the native americans were in that area and the 100s of years that the Europeans in that area Bigfoot managed to avoid detection.

But now he's been found.

Native Americans called it Sasquatch, I believe.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Native Americans called it Sasquatch, I believe.

Not the ones in Georgia.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Pacific Northwest, specifically.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by giant View Post

Pacific Northwest, specifically.

For Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster etc. to exist, there has to be a population of such creatures, not just one. And how come no skeletal remains of such creatures have ever been found? The answer is pretty simple, surely.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

For Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster etc. to exist, there has to be a population of such creatures, not just one. And how come no skeletal remains of such creatures have ever been found? The answer is pretty simple, surely.

Duh. God did love them so much they were taken into heaven before the resurrection.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Of course, the same was said about the gorilla for a few centuries too...

I grew up in the Pacific NW, and spent a good amount of time hiking in the Cascades. If someone or some semi-sentient thing doesn't want to be found, they or it won't be. I think it's hard for people who haven't spent time in the area to fathom exactly how remote it really is... and that isn't even nearly as isolated as just a couple hundred miles north in British Columbia.

Can't say I've ever seen a Sasquatch, or footprints, but I have heard a call one night that left me wondering WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!? up around the Lake Minotaur area, one ridge over from where I was camped. Wasn't anything I was familiar with, it sounded for all the world like a gibbon or orangutang howling. No one I talked to had any idea what it was either. It wasn't a wolf, bear, marmot, elk, or any other animal I knew the sound of. Years later, I ran across a supposed Sasquatch call online, and... yup, it matched.

Still have no clue what it was that night, but don't be so quick to confuse absence of evidence with evidence of absence.

These yahoos in Georgia are just idiots, however.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Can't say I've ever seen a Sasquatch, or footprints, but I have heard a call one night that left me wondering WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!? up around the Lake Minotaur area, one ridge over from where I was camped. Wasn't anything I was familiar with, it sounded for all the world like a gibbon or orangutang howling. No one I talked to had any idea what it was either. It wasn't a wolf, bear, marmot, elk, or any other animal I knew the sound of. Years later, I ran across a supposed Sasquatch call online, and... yup, it matched.

That was the bigfoot hunters across the lake using it as a mating call to try to attract real sasquatchs...

Pacific NW I can maybe believe. Georgia?
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Cool post, kickaha. All I have to say is that with rapid advances in sensor net technology, if sasquatch exists it will be found by the end of this century.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

That was the bigfoot hunters across the lake using it as a mating call to try to attract real sasquatchs...

Let's hope they weren't a victim of date rape.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Cool post, kickaha. All I have to say is that with rapid advances in sensor net technology, if sasquatch exists it will be found by the end of this century.

Scientist have been setting cameras with shutter triggers for years. Here's one of the latest finds.

Camera spots rare clouded leopard

High tech not needed.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

Scientist have been setting cameras with shutter triggers for years. Here's one of the latest finds.

High tech not needed.

The trick is being able to deploy tens of thousands of cameras (if not more) that are always on and have enough AI to refrain from reporting the non interesting things they capture. That is still some time away.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    I think we need Yeti@home.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

I've thought the same thing, which is why I'm not ready to be a true believer. I'm just not a true disbeliever, either.

Quote:

Yeah, well... of course the Skunk Ape is a myth of the SE about as long lived (ie, centuries) as the Sasquatch in the NW. Supposed to inhabit swamps, another hard-to-find-things-in terrain. Ah well.